AVRO Vulcan - Great Bird of the Sky

Started by Tojo633, July 25, 2009, 03:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanH

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 26, 2009, 04:54:53 AM
Well she was a busy girl yesterday. I saw her fly by at the Sunderland International Airshow (staying up my families) along with a Typhoon, Spit, Hurri, Dakota, sundry helicopters and the Red Arrows, whov'e just flown past again. That was just from the farm, to many people on the seafront to get anywhere near it  :banghead:
Hey, there is a chance you can sit in the cockpit of one these darlings...the NE Air Museum at Nissan has XH 317 on the Tarmac - it's opened up whenever they have an open day. 

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

NARSES2

Now in the 50/60's that's how they planed to attack Moscow  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Those are some great shots! Thank you for sharing them.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Tojo633

Leuchars airshow this year more than made up for the absolutely crap weather from last year.

Tojo633

Like the pic of the Vulcan and the Red Arrow, they did a formation with a Typhoon at Leuchars, but didn't manage to get a pic, changing betteries or film at the time. Always reminds me of the formation done at Fairford in 1996 with the Red Arrows and either Ray or Mark Hanna in Mh434.
Leuchars was an outstanding sucess apart from the usual queues to get off the base, Hint - USE THE PARK N RIDE!! 20 to 30 mins max, looking forward to the DVD of the show coming through the letter box.

Sandy

chrisonord

Quote from: Shasper on July 27, 2009, 09:05:18 PM
Quote from: Weaver on July 26, 2009, 07:38:57 PMpity I'm permanently based 360 miles away from it.... :banghead:

I'm in the same boat, plus a few hundred thousand miles :(

Shas 8)
Do you live on the moon Shas?? :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Archangel

Brings back alot of memories for me. As a kid i was lucky enough to see the Vulcan fly here in the US at Offutt AFB when they had then based here back in the day. I have a very nice shot of one taking of over the then new Blue Angels A-4s.

beowulf

*sigh*

fond memories of the vulcan....................back in '84 when 558 was getting ready for its last flight i was on a gun course at raf waddington...........middle of the week it was taken up for a practice flight...........whole station turned out to watch......uber cool  :mellow:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder