Ship WHIF's I've found.

Started by seadude, July 27, 2009, 03:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Yes, it is the Shinano.  I've got the kit for both of them, actually - Fujimi sells that Super Yamato whif Right Out of the Box - it's a full blown Yamato kit, 18" guns, full wing turrets or AA refit options, and it comes with Three extra small sprues holding the 20" twins and the 10cm twin turrets to replace the secondary batteries.  Quite a nice piece of kit.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 08, 2009, 04:38:08 PM
Yes, it is the Shinano.  I've got the kit for both of them, actually - Fujimi sells that Super Yamato whif Right Out of the Box - it's a full blown Yamato kit, 18" guns, full wing turrets or AA refit options, and it comes with Three extra small sprues holding the 20" twins and the 10cm twin turrets to replace the secondary batteries.  Quite a nice piece of kit.

Wow I had no idea  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Yes it is, I like that Yamato kit, the Fujimi Yamatos are also the most recent, and considered most accurate for the scale.  They're well done, and the architecture allows you to configure them very modularly.  That and they come with a nice collection of spares, especially the Phantom Yamato.  I plan on getting my paws on a few more of them, the spares are quire appreciated.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

seadude

Here's a pic I took from the 2008 IPMS Mad City Modelers show in Madison, WI.
;D "Red Neck Bass Boat"
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

But surely that's not a WIF ?  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 14, 2009, 02:14:03 AM

It must be a Whif, you'ed need more than 6 barrels to keep that much weight afloat especially when you add the beer and shotguns ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

Quote from: Aircav on August 14, 2009, 04:53:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 14, 2009, 02:14:03 AM

It must be a Whif, you'ed need more than 6 barrels to keep that much weight afloat especially when you add the beer and shotguns ;D

Maybe it's a seceret plan to cull some rednecks by alowing them to ues these to fish/sink with???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

PPPFFFTTT!!!!  Don't y'all know that's a Redneck Submersible!  What couldn't be modeled at that scale is the long string o' drinkin' straws duct taped together to let the driver breathe while under water.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

CanisD

Send a note to Gold Medal Models and maybe they can make a photo-etched straw set! ;D
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Sauragnmon

I managed to get the priviledge of seeing those images before they were posted, and still, I find myself drawn to the aesthetic of them.  I might consider a few alterations though, like the RAM on the helipad deck, but the long-nose look does a lot for it.  I think though I'll put the second VLS on a stepped deck butted up against the superstructure to reduce that piece of the vertical profile.

ChernayaAkula

Oh, those are beautiful! :wub: Guided-missile yachts!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

LOL!!!  I've seriously got one on the bench very similar to those right now!  Too cool!  Now, I'll have to build the other two...    :banghead: :banghead:

EDIT:  I took another look.  The one in the back of the first pic would look good as a nuke cruiser...  idea overload...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Sauragnmon

I actually took the back one's concept of twin forward stacks and used it on my Sprukidd build.  I loved the look of both forward.

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous