A little work in progress

Started by Martin H, August 02, 2009, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Some neat stuff there Martin
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on June 05, 2024, 05:36:32 AMI'm loving the inflatable.   :wub:  :thumbsup:

I agree, that inflatable is great  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

I'm curious how one 3d prints whatvis essentially a balloon... :unsure:  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Great models again Martin, especially the inflatable Sherman. Quirky. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rick Lowe

The inflatable is quirky and cool. :thumbsup:
Did the suspension come as a complete transfer?

Martin H

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 06, 2024, 01:47:39 AMDid the suspension come as a complete transfer?
Yes it was. They were quite thick.
Took a fair amount of micro set and micro sol to bed down anyware near acceptable.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Rat

That inflatable Sherman is wondrous! I never even thought about someone producing something like that, but now I'm hooked, and I normally couldn't tell one end of a tank from another. Decoys were an integral part of warfare, and it's a wonder, at least to me, that we haven't seen models of them before. There were also many decoy aircraft, it would be great if someone would turn out a few.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on June 06, 2024, 09:30:03 AMThat inflatable Sherman is wondrous! I never even thought about someone producing something like that, but now I'm hooked, and I normally couldn't tell one end of a tank from another. Decoys were an integral part of warfare, and it's a wonder, at least to me, that we haven't seen models of them before. There were also many decoy aircraft, it would be great if someone would turn out a few.

Potential future GB theme?

Btw agree with you about the decoy Sherman, great little model.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

My first non armor build of the year!
A science Fiction What if no less...............

This is what was originaly intended to be the Star trek shuttle. Designed by Matt Jefferies. It lost out to the shuttle trek fans know and love, when AMT offered up their new design for a generic space craft kit to the studio for free, all they wanted in return was the model rights to the show. AMT even paid for the full size prop to be built.......A no brainer from the studios point of view.

This is a 3d printed resin kit from Cozmic 3d models. built OOB with my take on the paint work. Ie what colors I had to hand that were close enougth. The decals came with the kit.
I picked the kit up directly from Cozmic at the small space scifi show last month. It wasnt cheap but there is a lot of resin in the box.
It is ment to be 1/72nd scale but It does look a tad big to my eyes. The size of the chairs and the like inside look way over sized for 72nd to me. But no biggie, its an interesting addition to my Trek small craft fleet.
interior pics  included  ;D

The interior is set up parts wise so the model can have internal lighting for those who are that way inclined.

This was something of a speed build, I started it at 11am this morning and was applying the final coat of satin varnish around 7pm. The paint dried rapidly due to it being a tad warm in the loft where my work bench lives.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Good work, Martin! :thumbsup:

And fast :o ... You're putting a challenge out to Dizzy at that pace! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Very nice.
 :thumbsup:
A much better design than the one they used.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

That's awesome Martin, the kit looks great and you've done a grand job of it. :wub:

Quote from: zenrat on August 15, 2024, 04:21:37 AMVery nice.
 :thumbsup:
A much better design than the one they used.

It is.  One of the other reasons it didn't get built is the curves were complex to create and pushed the cost and timescale up considerably.  The design used had the benefits Martin mentioned, but also the flat paneled design was quick, easy and cheap.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.