A little work in progress

Started by Martin H, August 02, 2009, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on January 28, 2022, 01:18:08 PM
All 3 look great (but I'm very chuffed with how nicely the AW.58 has turned out and that it'll become a museum exhibit) - well done!

Mind if I reuse that image again in the customer build galleries elsewhere?
Feel Free  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

The Skytruck is without a doubt the absolute Dogs B*&^%$£s.   :thumbsup:
Fantastic Martin.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

A most impressive and believable Skytruck.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

Tophe

Quote from: Martin H on January 28, 2022, 01:02:26 PM
First the whiff. the Ossies are gonna love this one...........
The twin-boom lover is also loving your pink Skytruck, thanks for having made it! :thumbsup: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kitbasher

Top builds, Martin  :thumbsup: thanks for sharing 👍
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Nice builds Martin, particularly like the Skytruck  :thumbsup:

As an aside you may want to peruse the March edition of Airfix Mag (it dropped through my letterbox this morning). They've got Coventry and Warwick's featured in their Club Scene piece but have cocked up some of the contact details. Apparently you meet on Dartmoor ! So unless you've all been sent down they've cocked it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Martin, does the AW58 have anything to do with the Hans Multhopp designed RAE Transonic Research Aircraft, it looks a lot like it
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2022, 06:43:42 AM
Martin, does the AW58 have anything to do with the Hans Multhopp designed RAE Transonic Research Aircraft, it looks a lot like it

In short. No idea
Unfortunately,

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2022, 06:43:42 AM

I based it and the delta on this article from the Aviation Historian magazine

https://m.facebook.com/TheAviationHistorian/photos/a.373230642754786/2670939556317205/?type=3&source=57
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 29, 2022, 05:59:58 AM
Nice builds Martin, particularly like the Skytruck  :thumbsup:

As an aside you may want to peruse the March edition of Airfix Mag (it dropped through my letterbox this morning). They've got Coventry and Warwick's featured in their Club Scene piece but have cocked up some of the contact details. Apparently you meet on Dartmoor ! So unless you've all been sent down they've cocked it  ;D
I know some of the lads might look like they have escaped from dartmoor but not knowing their geography is unforgivable as far as the mag staff are concerned     
Unfortunately,

philp

Nice stuff but I am really interested in how the build went on the Skytruck as I have been thinking about grabbing one for myself?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Martin H

Quote from: philp on January 29, 2022, 01:04:11 PM
Nice stuff but I am really interested in how the build went on the Skytruck as I have been thinking about grabbing one for myself?
It was quite straight forward to build.
Not much room for nose weight thou. This thing will tail sit at the slightest excuse.....
Unfortunately,