The Aliens in my head........

Started by Eddie M., August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Thank y'all very much for the kind words, especially so early in the conception of the idea.

QuoteIt reminds me of the drop ship from Aliens. Like it

Funny you should bring that up. I watch the first movie, Alien, just a couple of days ago. That's where the inspiration came from.

Can a sci-fi model get too busy? Probably so and this one's pushing it. Tonight was the prototype stage and I stuck everything I could on it just to see what would pan out. The gear needs refinement as well. I'm trying to do this one with parts solely from old parts trees. Gotta do something with that stuff, right? :cheers:

Look behind you!

Mossie

Looking good!  Just a suggestion, but maybe do something with the nose?  It's the last bit of kit that looks clearly recogniseable as a Hornet, a little change would completley hide the base kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

You're absolutely right. I think i've got just the cure. ;D
Look behind you!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents! I've moved forward a bit. It's amazing what you'll find if one was to go through old trees of unused model parts. There ought to be a GB like that. ;)

Look behind you!

AeroplaneDriver

OK...three comments:

1.  Looking great!  Nice to see another Sci-Fi build in progress!  Wanna race?

2.  The idea of an 'unused parts on trees GB' sounds pretty cool.  I'd be up for it if you wanna suggest it.

3.  I just read that Ridley Scott has signed up to direct a prequel to Alien.  (Not really anything directl to do with your model, but I can imagine it as an earlier generation ship in the Alien universe.).

:thumbsup: :cheers:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

BlackOps

Ooooooh, I'm looking forward to seeing the nose attached, really changed the look. Very cool  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

chrisonord

I am liking this one :thumbsup:
I will be looking at doing a moon base interceptor for my SHADO stuff soon, and that really does fit the bill....GIZIT!!! :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Yeah, I like the nose, like Jeff, looking forward to seeing it on!

Eddie M.

A little look to show that I'm still working on this one. Lots of putty held to gether by parts. The basic line s of the original will stay, but there have been some refinements. ;D

By the way, has anyone else seen these water bottles? My kids brought this one home with no label, so I can't tell where it's from. Lot's of whif potental. A steam punked moon ship a la Jules Vern ;) ? ;)

Look behind you!

Cliffy B

Those water bottles are called "Aqua Pod", at least that's what's on the labels.  Not sure who sells them though.  Hope that helps.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

John Howling Mouse

Amazing to see how your and STS can combine and re-combine shapes at will.

Wow.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you CliffyB and Baz!

The final look is fleshing out, kinda like in Hellraiser.;) I don't know a lot of scifi speak, but I do know that all the weapons and propulsion need a lot of power. That's why I've supplied a nice anti-matter powersupply in the pod under the fuselage. I fancied it as something that could be changed out safely in a hurry, considering the cargo. :D

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland