The Aliens in my head........

Started by Eddie M., August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

For you guys that enjoy it, I'm not changing a thing on the top. Photos don't convey the color shift it has in person. Turn it one way and it has gold highlights, turn it another and it has silver and so on. The reason I went this direction was I was bound and determined to use the color of brass for some unknown reason. The bottom is an experiment in progress.. I appreciate y'all adding your input very much. I've never really done any sci-fi before and it takes some learning to find out what works
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Metallics offer their own very interesting tastes to the pallette - on their own they can do nice accents or highlight pieces, or if you get Real daring, mix them into colours, and you can get some Real neat effects - Gold and Red, for a REAL Candy Apple Red.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

The paint scheme works for me, Eddie. It makes this ship look like it's seen some action and has the re-entry burns to prove it. I wish I knew how you pulled that effect off so convincingly.  :bow:

Now I know those voices were telling you to do it in one of those gorgeous 1970s U.S. Navy schemes...maybe next whiff, huh? ;)

Nice work, Sailor!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I think it looks cool :mellow: Fried and beaten :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

QuoteFor you guys that enjoy it, I'm not changing a thing on the top

Did I really say that out loud? :rolleyes: Ever since I was given the idea of the "Shrek Effect" by Sauragnmon (ochre, get it? ;)), I've been experimenting with metallics. Here's the ever trusty F-4 dud wearing the latest idea.

Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Very interesting blend indeed, Eddie - love the way it looks, it's certainly something else with the copper, gold and steel look to it.  Told ya the metallics can be interesting and fun to play with.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Eddie M.

There's a good thing about photos. They can preserve history, which is what that paint work is. I've found the Shrek Effect is the way to go. To show how lost I was on this one, here's a pic of the bottom before the new work started.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

I gotta echo the boys, that one looked pretty cool.  Heavily detailed, I can't help but applaud that work man.

Eddie M.

I appreciate the kind words, but it just wasn't kickin' it for me. I will be incorporating some of those ideas, just with different colors. :)
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Sauragnmon on September 08, 2009, 09:26:35 AM
I gotta echo the boys, that one looked pretty cool.  Heavily detailed, I can't help but applaud that work man.

He is the Ever Amazing Eddie.

I always get inspired by your work, Sailor!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Got to admit, although I dissed the uppers, I quite like those lowers.  Be interesting to see what you do with new colours Eddie.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

I think the new colors will help set it apart from everything on my shelf and that is ultimately my goal. :-) The greasy side will be along the same lines as the last, sort of....;-)

Look behind you!

BlackOps

Martian Camo  :thumbsup:   I liked the original, and I like this  :cheers:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.