The Aliens in my head........

Started by Eddie M., August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

My own unbiden opinion?
If you're going for truly "alien" scheme, if it looks wrong to us, it's likely pretty believably alien.
Think about it: another race might have a totally different visual acuity/range.
Even deer-hunting camo is based on a different color spectrum than what humans see in order to blend in more, from the perspective of deer.

Guess what I'm saying is, "It's all good, baby!"
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteIf you're going for truly "alien" scheme, if it looks wrong to us, it's likely pretty believably alien.
Think about it: another race might have a totally different visual acuity/range.
Even deer-hunting camo is based on a different color spectrum than what humans see in order to blend in more, from the perspective of deer.

And that's how my feeble human mind reacted when I couldn't come up with a truly daring scheme. I reverted back to what is of this world. I was looking at a nature book that my son has and I was inspired by a Banded Mongoose, although it's got a different look than Rikki Tiki Tavi

Look behind you!

BlackOps

OK, I like this the best so far! (and I liked the other two)  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Quote from: BlackOps on September 12, 2009, 06:49:58 PM
OK, I like this the best so far! (and I liked the other two)  :thumbsup:

Thank you! This the bottom and top is still the gold/metallic scheme.
Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

Nice, Eddie - the tigerstripe is nice, looks really wicked, wonder what it'd be like in a metallic or semi-metallic setup, but very nice.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Those Tiger Stripes are pure eye-candy, Eddie!

I never cease to marvel at your limitless talent and skill.
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Fantastic scheme!!! :wub:

THat ship in that scheme would not look out of place in a B5 episode :cheers:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sisko on September 16, 2009, 03:47:59 PM

Fantastic scheme!!! :wub:

THat ship in that scheme would not look out of place in a B5 episode :cheers:
seconded and they have great ships on B5!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

You ever have something slip off the bench and you're first reaction, if it's not a knife, is to try and catch it in your lap? Well I tried and instead nearly cause a fatal crunch of this project between my legs. busy putting humpty back together. In the mean time, a little diversion.

Look behind you!

Mossie

Ouch.  I've found through bitter experience that it's sometimes letter to bet things drop.  Especially liquids, better to let them spill in one place than attempt to catch them & send the pot spinning through the air.... :banghead:

I'm actually looking forward to it more after your axdident Eddie, you always seem to revisit them after these mis-haps & come up with something better!
:ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Mossie on September 29, 2009, 02:13:19 AM
Ouch.  I've found through bitter experience that it's sometimes letter to bet things drop.  Especially liquids, better to let them spill in one place than attempt to catch them & send the pot spinning through the air.... :banghead:

I'm actually looking forward to it more after your axdident Eddie, you always seem to revisit them after these mis-haps & come up with something better!
:ph34r:

I appreciate the vote of confidence. ;-) I've got it back together and am moving forward. It is a rough looking model, but I am trying to not get real fancy about things. =)

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

It's done! One photo for tonight and more tomorrow. :)

Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

My, that looks quite nice, a good finished product, Eddie.  Sleek, and the colours look good together.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Simply outstanding, Eddie! Your incredible talent, skill and imagination never cease to amaze me!

I think our old friend HOG would really enjoy this beauty!
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Quote from: Brian da Basher on October 08, 2009, 02:25:14 PM
Simply outstanding, Eddie! Your incredible talent, skill and imagination never cease to amaze me!

I think our old friend HOG would really enjoy this beauty!
Brian da Basher

Thank you Sauragnmon and BdaB!

I do wonder what HOG would have thought. I'm still sad that he's gone. I really dug his style of modeling. so, here it is in a few different angles. It's rough, but so is space. ;)

Look behind you!