The Aliens in my head........

Started by Eddie M., August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

...told me to put these part together in this fashion to see what would shake out. I'm very slim on the sci-fi ideas that are workable by me, so I'll go forward with this and see what happens. No plans, no story. Live without a net. :party:

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

I'm in a bit of a sci-fi mood at the moment too.  I've been toying with the idea of a sci-fi kitbash after my F-104.  PLEASE keep this going as inspiration!

Looks great so far!   :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DaFROG

They're not alians Ed they're humans from the far future (you took you tinfoil hat off again didn't you).
That looks similar to the Babylon 5 thunderbolt:

only cooler

P.S. don't forget to add an unfeasibly large gunTM

Modelling_Mushi

I agree, looking very very slick indeed . . .

Quote from: DaFROG on August 02, 2009, 09:36:39 PM
P.S. don't forget to add an unfeasibly large gunTM

I thought he had already got one, y'know, the orange round thingy at the back  :wacko:

Ciao

Mass
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Mossie

Quote from: DaFROG on August 02, 2009, 09:36:39 PM
They're not alians Ed they're humans from the far future (you took you tinfoil hat off again didn't you).
That looks similar to the Babylon 5 thunderbolt:

My first thought was X Bomber from Star Fleet (or X Bomber, depending where in the world you're from), but the Thunderbolt is a better match.
Keep it coming Eddie, glad you forgot to wear your foil hat again! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

D-Angle

It reminds me of the drop ship from Aliens. Like it. :thumbsup:

Weaver

Nice lines!  :thumbsup:

The streamlined nose and "turbine-ish" engine pods make me think of a Gerry Anderson job more than anything else: Star Wars types tend to be more angular and "slabby" (there are exceptions though).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Looks good.  You need to keep those aliens happy.  They've come up with a great idea.  I wonder how many more they will share with you.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Trust me: this one's worth exploring and completing.  Go with it.   :thumbsup:

Oh, and consider yourself lucky, being a human with some aliens in your head.  I am an alien with humans trying to get INTO my head----it ain't easy!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Rat

Quote from: Eddie M. on August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

That's already the horse's nuts and it isn't even finished! Keep going!!!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sauragnmon

Eddie, the voices gave you something pretty damn interesting, to be sure.  Looking forward to when you finish it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.