The Aliens in my head........

Started by Eddie M., August 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Well folks, this one is not speaking to me anymore. I'm doing a little experimenting with the paint, which means I don't have a clue. I got out the sponges and went to town. don't know if it looks good or not. you be the judge...

Look behind you!

Cliffy B

Looks neat man!  Gives kind of an "organic" look, or maybe its active camo (replicates its surroundings).

Just my 2 cents.   :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Taiidantomcat

That is great I really like the nose,  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

philp

Looking good to me also, keep going.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

BlackOps

Looks like a bit of space gator camo!  I like it Eddie, the metallic colors make it look just right.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

JayBee

Does it look good, he asks.
YOU BET! :wub:

However it looks like it must be a BadGuy.

Or maybe a good/badguy (reference to Firefly)

I think it looks gorgeous.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Barry Krell

This is looking even more Babylon 5-ish!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

lancer

Quote from: Barry Krell on August 31, 2009, 01:31:46 PM
This is looking even more Babylon 5-ish!

Too true it is...Looks very Vorlonish don't it?

I miss B5 - C'mon Chanel 4 bring it back!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Sauragnmon

Does it Look good... the answer you seek, yon Eddie - DAMN GOOD.

The Spongejob gives it an almost digipat look to it, and the metallics just make it ten times cooler.  I agree with some of the guys, it looks so very B-5 Vorlon with that choice of colours, and their stuff looked absolute dog's danglies to me.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

cthulhu77

Hate to say it...but that one is really not working.

Mossie

I'm jumping on Gregs bandwagon, doesn't do it for me either.  Sorry Eddie, I don't mean to be to be a kiljoy. :(
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tanktastic43

Sorry to say this,  but i'm with c77 on this one.
The build's ok but the paint job lets it down.

I'd have thought that a simple paint scheme would have shown off the build more.

Sorry, just my opinion.

tt43.

Eddie M.

No worrys, no regrets. I am very happy that some of you like it. The B5 influence is interesting, especially since I've not seen one episode of the series. I've refrained from looking at anything involved with it so as to "taint" what I'm doing. I've had some more ideas to add and this will evolve more.

Greg, Mossie and tt43. Thank you for speaking up. To be very honest, it doesn't ring the bell for me as well. I decided to push this one through (and at this point, hoping that this statement doesn't come back to haunt me) so I can claim this as a finished product. Believe it or not, I do display some of my "polished turds" as a reminder that I stepped out of my comfort zone to try something different. I look at this this way. There was  WD39 before there was  WD40. ;-)

Look behind you!

Mossie

I've only tried one scheme of my own making on a model, which turned out reasonably, but I've tried it on profiles several times & it's pretty difficult to get them to 'work'.  Some colours don't work well together, some do but not in a particular pattern & it's not always easy to 'see' them.  I get the feeling those particular metallics might work better on an ochre or light earth background.

A suggestion for metallics.  I've wondered about the PAK-FA fighter, & using a three tone Russian camo, but with the metallic finish that's becoming common on US aircraft, the Raptor especially.  Maybe something like that would work, metallic shdes that are closer to one another?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

Thanks Mossie! I will keep that light earth with metallics idea on the front burner. I had started this one with the intent of getting a facsimille of a cicada, but it didn't work out.
Look behind you!