Main Menu

Steampunk GB

Started by GTX, August 07, 2009, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

How about a Steampunk themed GB?  Time to get out the brass and big rivets...anything goes as far as I'm concerned.

Aircraft - lots of airships but anything goes (Steampunk Spitfire or Harrier anyone?)

Tanks etc:

Cars:

Ships (flying or otherwise - HMS Hood with paddle wheels???):

Other:

What do you think?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jcf

Stretch it to include Diesel-punk and I'd play. Works in with a couple of in development ideas.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 07, 2009, 12:47:56 PM
Stretch it to include Diesel-punk and I'd play. Works in with a couple of in development ideas.

That could be great, good idea! I am still trying to figure out how to steampunk stuff... still trying to get the hang of it and how things should look, lots of websites have my wheels turning...
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

I wouldn't participate because I lack the creativity and relevant skills to do this, but I would love to watch the rest of you creating beautiful things :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

buzzbomb

Oh goody goody goody ;D

The next sound you hear will be my feet running to my box of parts stash.

What to do.. what to do ?? :huh:

ChernayaAkula

Sounds good! :thumbsup:

I really like that pic named "iron Grip". Those zeppelin battleships are just too cool! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

BlackOps

So many builds I need to get back to!

I can't believe I started this in 2007 and haven't touched it since DOH!  :banghead: Really need to get back to finishing up some of the stuff in my in-progress stack.

This would be a fun groupbuild.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 07, 2009, 12:47:56 PM

I can live with that - steampunk, dieselpunk, cyberpunk...the 'punked GB'?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: BlackOps on August 08, 2009, 10:28:29 AM
So many builds I need to get back to!

I can't believe I started this in 2007 and haven't touched it since DOH!  :banghead: Really need to get back to finishing up some of the stuff in my in-progress stack.

This would be a fun groupbuild.
wow!!  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

cthulhu77

I think the "punked" gb has a lot of merit.  And Nev, having seen some of your work, I think that you would fit right in !

Daryl J.

Underway at this very moment is Maquette's R-100 Airship being rescaled into a 1/35 scale 'punked airship.   Perhaps not steam powered but definitely built within that artistic genre.
Hopefully it will get to be displayed just a few feet from docking on its mast in attempt to make the kit look as though it is floating.   The major filling work with Magic Sculpt is about 2/3 of the way done.    Thusly it'd be ineligible but I'd sure be cheering everyone on!

Daryl J.

nev

Quote from: cthulhu77 on August 09, 2009, 07:56:55 PM
  I think the "punked" gb has a lot of merit.  And Nev, having seen some of your work, I think that you would fit right in !

Well thankyou, but if you look at what I do, its normally just sticking different decals on something.  I may be getting better at that, but like I said I just don't have the creativity to think these things up (just not wired that way) or the kitbashing skills to pull them off.  I can't think of a single thing that I've done that has been truly creative or scratchbuilt/kitbashed.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

Well, Nev, there is never a better time to start !  The big danger is that once you start bashing and scratching, it is hard to go back to regular kit building !

pyro-manic

If you don't try, you'll never know. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<