Some new What if

Started by tigercat2, August 07, 2009, 05:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

Thanks for the comments; here are a few FW-190s in What if markings, as well as a USAF Tigercat.  Currently working on a NMF A-10B (2 place A-10; great kit from HobbyBoss); this A-10B will have Tiger meet markings.

Wes W.

Sauragnmon

Nice, NMF on an A-10, that should look pretty sweet.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

tigercat2

Somewhere I grabbed this photo of a NMF A-10; thought it looked pretty good and something different.  Mine will have day glow orange on the nose and tail - may or may not put tiger stripes on it.

Wes W.

Sauragnmon

Not quite NMF, if you look closely she's been stripped of her paint, or else weathered to all hell and back so the paint came loose - you can still see green tinting in spots, so she's been stripped down more than anything.  But still, NMF Hog sounds good.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Geoff

I like the Mirages and the S Vietnamese Scooter! Lots of inspiration.

Eddie M.

Very exception work all around. Good show! ;D
Look behind you!

B777LR

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 08, 2009, 01:56:09 PM
Not quite NMF, if you look closely she's been stripped of her paint, or else weathered to all hell and back so the paint came loose - you can still see green tinting in spots, so she's been stripped down more than anything.  But still, NMF Hog sounds good.

Most certainly stripped down. Perhaps its an A-10C doing test flights following conversion?

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

tigercat2

Thanks, here is another Twin Mustang, in an all-black scheme.

Wes W.

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

B777LR

Quote from: tigercat2 on August 08, 2009, 03:55:33 AM
Thanks, here is another paint test bed, using a cheap Corsair and very very inexpensive paints.  This was also a test for weathering.

Wes W.

Is that a Starfix Bf-109?

tigercat2

Quote from: B787 on October 11, 2009, 01:40:41 AM
Quote from: tigercat2 on August 08, 2009, 03:55:33 AM
Thanks, here is another paint test bed, using a cheap Corsair and very very inexpensive paints.  This was also a test for weathering.

Wes W.

Is that a Starfix Bf-109?

The green 109 is a recent build, from Hobby Boss, I believe.  The '109 with the red nose was built about 1970, and I recall that it was a very inexpensive Hawk kit, with no landing gear.  I added the gear about 10 years ago, IIRC.

Wes W.

noxioux

That SEA Mirage is the shiznit. :wub:

And the Corsair is a keeper, if you ask me.

tigercat2