search for French "What-if" projects !!!

Started by Deino, February 26, 2004, 06:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

elmayerle

QuoteIs one of the last ones the Mirage 6000, that somebody speak about (from a recent Air Enthusiast that I have not seen) ?
Nope, the "Mirage 6000" illustrated in Air Enthusiast has 2-D inlets.  I'll try to scan that one this weekend.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

lancer

Christ Deino, there are some very sweet types there. The Mirage 4000 is especially sweet.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

overscan

The Mirage 4000 has a nice F-15 style canopy, much more attractive than the 2000.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Deino

Quote"Mirage 6000" illustrated in Air Enthusiast has 2-D inlets.  I'll try to scan that one this weekend.

Mirage 6000 !!!!     :blink:  :huh:  :unsure:

I can't waint any longer to see this thing !!!!   :wub:

Anyway ... does anyone have some more information regarding a Mirage 3000 ... all I've heard is that it was once studies as a version powered by two RB.199 in place of the single M.53 !!!

Any more information ???

Deino   :rolleyes:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

TsrJoe

just found the Dassault Mirage G, G8, F.2 and 4000 in an old reference file...

http://groups.msn.com/TSR-2ResearchGroup/m...ngs.msnw?Page=1

ill check re some of the projected stuff to add, i should have some somewhere, im assuming you guys have the late Jean Cuny's Docavia stuff?  :blink:

happy modelling, cheers, joe  :ph34r:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

elmayerle

Quoteill check re some of the projected stuff to add, i should have some somewhere, im assuming you guys have the late Jean Cuny's Docavia stuff?  :blink:
Joe,
I'm assuming the Docavia material is the two books on French Military Aircraft from 1945 - 1960?  I've got both of those.

Now, as promised, here's the Mirage 6000 taken from the back of Air Enthusiast #103, complete with commentary:

Tophe

elmayerle

Y'know, now that I look more closely at it, that windscreen and cockpit canopy look like the came off the Arrow.  B)  

Ogwash

Anybody know what size its supposed to be, as that would make an interesting build ?  :D

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

elmayerle

QuoteAnybody know what size its supposed to be, as that would make an interesting build ?
Since the engines were to be M53's, I think that gives you a reference datum to start working on.  It'd be nice to see if any publication on Dassault products and projects has more information.

Deino

:wub:  :wub:  ... just a very big THANK YOU !!!![/size]

Deino !!   :)

Regarding these articles and the question from Toni Buttler .... is he currently working on a new book ??? ... seems to look like a "French Secret Projects" !

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Tophe

QuoteRegarding these articles and the question from Toni Buttler .... is he currently working on a new book ??? ... seems to look like a "French Secret Projects" !
I confirm. He would be interested to write such a book, after Jean Cuny's ones, and I asked on a French forum if some retired engineer could help him - and I received severe answers of angry French historians :angry: , saying they are working on the subject, and we just have to wait... :(  I think they can do something great together  :)  

Deino

I've also heard that there have been plans for a series "US Secret Projects" !!!!  :blink:

In the latest issue of the "Aerospace Projects Review" (Vol.5 No.3):  was a short note from Mr. Scott Lowther regarding the end of this "Review"  :angry:  :(  :wacko:

"... I was in discussion with a Real Live Publisher. They contacted me about the possibility doing two books: "American Fighter projects since WWII" and "American Bomber projects since WWII"   :blink:  :wub:
The discussion led nowhere, as we had very different ideas about what those books would be ... I wanted books jam-packed with professionally redrawn 3-views of many and varied unbuild aircraft projects  :cheers: - they wanted something with lots of photos. ... "

Maybe someone else !!

Deino   :)

-
W.H.Auden (1945