Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

buzzbomb

Fantasmic!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This thread is a great showcase of what can be done thinking outside the square

Well done

Captain Canada

Wow...this thing just keeps getting better and better ! Love the work on the tail, it sure looks great attached. It just looks so right it's amazing.....

Beauty !

:wub: :thumbsup: :cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

kitnut617

Got the other tailplane done and it hasn't turned out too bad,  I'll try to get a bunch more done over the holiday as I'd like to get this finished. I've decided on the load-out it will have, under the wings will be two Harrier GR.7 tanks, three anti-radiation Martels, one TV Martel, two AS-30L's, the wing tips will have the Nimrod pods.  Under the nacelles will be a TIALD pod and a data link pod, and after buying the new Airfix Canberra B.8 and liking what I see, I'm going to use the gun pack from it only it will be at the front end of the bomb bay with some suitable strakes attached to it.

Daryl J.

You've got the aesthetics bang-on!   That is flat out awesome.

Daryl J.

Eddie M.

+1

You've already got me convinced it's real. Definite head turner!
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Um, please don't take this the wrong way but, I had no idea you were THIS talented.   :blink:   I mean, you're clearly able to produce anything from anything.
Amazing workmanship, IMHO.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

We definitely need an 'Embarassed' smiley --- but thanks for your kind comments Barry and everyone ---

Another piece of the puzzle has come together, as I've said before, the main u/c is just some gear from a 1/48 Harrier (and thanks Barry for the second u/c gear to help out) but for the front u/c leg and wheels I've modified the 1/48 front gear quite a bit, first to go with two wheels but also the trailing arm had to be changed.  I've used some small diameter aluminum and brass tubing to manufacture a new trailing arm and the wheels are a pair of 1/48 F-4 wheels which looked about right for what I want.  So here's what I did with the nose gear and also the first time it's been on it's u/c standing completely by itself. I've had to add about a 1/4 oz. of weight in the radome for it to do this. 

GTX

This just keeps getting better and better!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Exactly the words I was going to use!  This just looks "right" Robert!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Thanks Greg, Simon.

I've refined the nose-up stance a bit which I thought looked too much in the last photos.  it's much better now I lowered the nose about 3/32" by setting the gear further into the wheel bay.

ChernayaAkula

Way, W A Y cool!  :bow: As Mossie said, it looks just "right"!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?