STOVL Canberra

Started by kitnut617, August 07, 2009, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Warton and Dunsfold seem to have started talking to each other for once.  <_<

That's looking better and better Robert, any plans for colour scheme and squadron yet?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Brad (scooterman) is sending me some No.3 Sqn Harrier decals and Tim (thedarkmaster) has sent some lo-vis Canberra decals for me to use.  The scheme I'm thinking of is a late Harrier style, but I think with a USMC variation.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

Something that might interest you - a proposal by Short Bros. for a VTOL conversion of the BAC Canberra, fitted
with 20 lift engines :

(From InterAvia 7/1958)

I like your solution more.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ElectrikBlue

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 28, 2009, 11:52:13 AM
Brad (scooterman) is sending me some No.3 Sqn Harrier decals and Tim (thedarkmaster) has sent some lo-vis Canberra decals for me to use.  The scheme I'm thinking of is a late Harrier style, but I think with a USMC variation.
I can not help thinking of modern FA2 Sea Harrier colours...

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on January 01, 2010, 01:35:23 PM
Something that might interest you - a proposal by Short Bros. for a VTOL conversion of the BAC Canberra, fitted
with 20 lift engines :
Greg

How the heck did you find that Greg ?  I think the idea of using all those lift engines is not very good at all, you'd have to haul around all that dead weight in normal flight.

I find this Meteor just as bizarre

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1957/1957%20-%201897.html

GTX

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 01, 2010, 03:30:55 PM
How the heck did you find that Greg ?

Oh, I have my ways... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

arkon

lookin kick @$$ , cant wait to see it colors
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

BlackOps

Progressing quite nicely.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

That thing just keeps getting better and better....wow !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Ok, OK, I've kept my quiet on this one for a long time, but I simply cannot stay schtumm any longer. Robert this is simply 'masterful modelling' just superb, sir  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, I appreciate every one of them especially from those who are 'the' master builders around here.

Well the plans to get on with it over the holiday took a big wack, events conspired against me I'm afraid and not very much got done at all.

The Rat

Back to the bench with you, this build deserves you full attention and your fans are growing restless!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

arkon

hello   ...... any one here. would like to see some
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

kitnut617

Erm!  well - erm! I'm still here -----  ;D

Sorry folks, my mind has wandered away from this project.  :blink:  I'll make an effort to get back into it and finish the job, there's not much left to do.