STOVL Canberra

Started by kitnut617, August 07, 2009, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Man, you are doing some massive work here... she's coming along nicely too, keep up the good work, she'll be a stunner when she's done.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

kitnut617

Got some more done to the second nacelle, it's starting to look like an aircraft now.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitnut617

Thanks everyone for the kind words, very appreciated.

Couple more pics.

GTX

Liking it still!!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Stargazer

Awesome project, for sure! Can't wait to see it finished!

As for the name, I don't know. There seems to have been a pattern of using city names of the Commonwealth, as in Wellington, York, Lancaster, Canberra and so forth. Tasmania is a region, not a city... This being said, "English Electric Sydney" or "English Electric Ottawa" do not sound very good, do they???

Cobra

how about calling it the 'English Electric Queensland'??????? hope i'm not sounding like a Nutter for that 1!!!!! :cheers:

batmancustoms

heck yah brother!  I like it!
John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

chrisonord

How about English Electric Warton?? :rolleyes: :lol:
Well they fix Harriers there and they had the last Canberra in service there up until only a couple of years back.
I am liking this bird more and more Robert,and I am watching the build very closely, as it is a fabulous bit of engineering there :bow:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Wow...she's really coming along nicely now, Robert !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on November 29, 2009, 08:27:05 AM
How about English Electric Warton??
Well they fix Harriers there and they had the last Canberra in service there up until only a couple of years back
I am liking this bird more and more Robert,and I am watching the build very closely, as it is a fabulous bit of engineering there :bow:
Cheers,
Chris.

Well there's an idea ---- I'll work that into my backstory Chris.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions,

B777LR

How will the tail planes look when fitted? Might they be a tad too close to the end of the nacelles? Should they perhaps be extended? Drooping slightly?

kitnut617

Quote from: B787 on November 29, 2009, 12:06:23 PM
How will the tail planes look when fitted? Might they be a tad too close to the end of the nacelles? Should they perhaps be extended? Drooping slightly?

Well the ends of the nacelles are only a tad longer than the regular nacelles Thomas, but it's something I've been pondering about but from a different point of view.  I've been wondering if there is a relation between the wing and the tailplane aerodynamically, my plan is to move the tailplane up as much as I've moved the wing which will position it on the fin like a Valiant.  I'll make the fin taller by adding the same amount to the base of the fin so that the rudder remains above the tailplane.

I'm going to ask Evan if that's a correct assumption.

Ed S

Looking good.  I never would have thought that an Canberra with a Harrier under each wing would look right, but you've done it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

buzzbomb

Still looking great.

... and now giving me an idea :wacko:
Lets see if it has legs.

great job

Brian da Basher

This is some amazing engineering and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. I think you've improved the looks of the iconic Canberra by 1000%!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher