Wraith Mk. I

Started by JoeRugby, August 08, 2009, 11:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Oh yes! That is looking very nice. A definate looker in the making.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JoeRugby

Here is what I have come up with for the tail assembly...

Will probably add some ECM blisters etc.

Still thinking about a paint scheme...

The dictionary says Warith is...
1. An apparition of a living person that appears as a portent just before that person's death.
2. The ghost of a dead person.
3. Something shadowy and insubstantial.

So a multi shade gray scheme comes to mind...

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

Cliffy B

How about something akin to the RAF/FAA "splotch" scheme but use say... Medium Gray/Blue Gray, Dark Ghost Gray, and Light Gray?  Might look neat.

Given the name "Wraith" though an overall glossy black would do the trick as well I think.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

JoeRugby

Sorry, I am not familiar with the "splotch" scheme, any pics or references you could refer me to, sounds quite interesting.

Cliffy B

I seriously doubt that its called the "splotch" scheme (that's just what I've come to call it) but its the normal scheme we've all seen on the Spitfires and other British aircraft of the era.  I've also heard it called the "squiggle" scheme if that helps.

Some examples to clarify:

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

JoeRugby

Cool, the "standard" then...okay...I came up with two ideas...well not me but I found these examples...

This one is a bit too German late war for me...

This is the way I am leaning...

Sauragnmon

I would almost dare you for a little tamer, a Mod-Eagle style with the large blotches over flat surface areas with something like a Black-grey, and a paler ghost-grey type for the basecoat.  Might look rather wraithly if you do it right.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

JoeRugby

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 09, 2009, 10:16:11 PM
I would almost dare you for a little tamer, a Mod-Eagle style with the large blotches over flat surface areas with something like a Black-grey, and a paler ghost-grey type for the basecoat.  Might look rather wraithly if you do it right.

What Ho!  A dare!  A challenge!  Sir, here is your gauntle!  :lol:

Too many options!!! 

Weaver

See if you can do that splinter cammo with an evil pumpkin-face in it.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

It is looking nice bttb :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

JoeRugby

So I decided on the tail assembly and got it mounted last night.  Let the P-S-R begin !!!

JoeRugby

Been working on some real world stuff, but decided to pick this back up...painting in the stripes by hand.  Was checking out some Tiger Meet photos and was impressed and inspired.  More, much more, to do yet.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Sauragnmon

My My, quite a lovely paintjob you have there mate.  No mercy in those stripes is there?  Very nice overall job though.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Eddie M.

That is insane! I love it. ;D
Look behind you!