Fort Worth Scale Modeler's SUPERCON - Saturday, September 12th, 2009

Started by Tuck, August 11, 2009, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Scooterman

Some Dust themed dioramas showed up later in the morning and these were STUNNING.  My pics do not do the models or the modeler any justice.

Scooterman

Scooterman

My favorite was this tank made out of a T-34.

And a rather dark close up of his spacecraft.

Scooterman

Last bit of whif/sci-fi was this space pirate ship.  Not from that universe, but built with nothing but Star Trek canon.

Scooterman

As we all know, no proper What If showing is nothing without Twiglets and there were plenty to go around.  We got a few passers by and even a few that came back for seconds and thirds but there is always one Twiglet Virgin we catch with the camera.  This time it was Tuck.

'Hmmm, not too bad..........'

Scooterman

Scooterman

Luckily, Tuck is still with us.  However, when he passed out no one was willing to give him mouth to mouth for some reason............. ;D

Anywho, here's the non-whifs that I liked.

Scooterman

nev

Great job flying the flag guys :)  Were you the only display that wasn't a comp?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

Yep.  Kinda sad, huh.

BTW-JP or Wyrm, if you guys took any pics of the stand, please post them.  I totally spaced it! :blink:

philp

Looks good guys.
Love the sci fi stuff.  Always wanted to pick up a couple of Nutrockers and change the turrets.  Sorry, those things just need gun barrels.  Liked the two here.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Wyrmshadow

I had to go strait to work yesterday and about to leave again right now. I'll post my thumbnails later tonite. I have a lot more.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: Scooterman on September 13, 2009, 08:19:03 AM
As we all know, no proper What If showing is nothing without Twiglets and there were plenty to go around.  We got a few passers by and even a few that came back for seconds and thirds but there is always one Twiglet Virgin we catch with the camera.  This time it was Tuck.

'Hmmm, not too bad..........'

;D ;D ;D    Soon be time to export some more of these fragrant delicacies, I suppose...   :lol:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Wyrmshadow

I'll start off with this. Then I'll spend the rest of the night cropping and modifying the rest of the pictures.

also this:
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/