An-27 "Fowler"

Started by Acree, August 12, 2009, 05:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Acree on August 23, 2009, 04:14:57 PM
Less radical, but more realistic. 
So, overall, it will look less radical, but perhaps better (depending on your point of view). 
Chuck
Regards, General (Chuck) Yeager...
My personal point of view is not liking one and disliking the other, it is loving their pair together: seen as 1/96 both but for giant brother and dwarf brother... :blink: ;D
(well, I prefer the most crazy 1/144 with giant fans but the pair will be eben better - according to me, General, but you are the 'boss' ;D)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

BlackOps

Chuck, I love the overall shape and feel of this design, very cool!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

Can't wait to see this!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Acree

Progress is being made on the Fowler Mark 2 in 1/72 scale.  Using the HobbyBoss A-10 kit caused me some initial planning problems because I hadn't anticipated the way the kit was engineered; however, I think it will work out nicely. 

So far, I have mated the F/A-18D upper-forward fuselage complete with cockpit to the A-10 fuselage and removed the engine mount area.  The engines have been roughly mounted on the wings (need lots of filler due to my non-precision cuts).  I also removed the distinctive A-10 wingtips, and they will be replaced by tip-tanks.  The first three photos below show overall views with the sub-assemblies mocked up.  The last photo shows the true state of progress.

Cheers,
Chuck

Shasper

It begs for Frogfoot style russian camo!
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

The two-seater canopy fits excellent! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Acree

Well, the Fowler Mk. 2 is pretty much complete.  I want to paint some black areas behind the engine exhaust and I need to repaint the engine fan blades.  Other than that it's done (I think).  Standing by for your comments!

Cheers,
Chuck

Cobra

Super Sweet Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This baby is Tough and Ready to Attack!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!!!!! anything as Awesome Planned??????? :cheers:

Scooterman

It's hard to make an A-10 something else without looking A-10ish, but you've managed to do it!

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Acree

Thanks guys!  It's a little frustrating how many more flaws the camera shows than I can see with my eyes (guess I need new reading glasses!). 

Quote from: Scooterman on September 05, 2009, 04:50:13 AM
It's hard to make an A-10 something else without looking A-10ish, but you've managed to do it!

I was surprised how un-A-10-like it turned out.  I was really surprised at how much difference it made to cut off the distinctive A-10 wingtips and add tanks instead.  Makes that big, thick wing look a lot sleeker (reminds me of an L-59). 

Cheers,
Chuck

Brian da Basher

A real stunner, Acree! A winner all the way!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Nice kit bash!

I really like the way you have combined the A-10 parts and kit bashed something that looks very Soviet.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Acree

Taiidantomcat

Excellent!!  :o  Love the bright green dielectric panels  :cheers: