G

F-111 K Vengence GR1

Started by Geoff_B, February 28, 2004, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Captain Canada

I don't know...........I know you guys love your TSR.2, but that darn 111 looks awfully sexy in that colour, with those markings, and that loadout !

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

Hi Todd

Why not try an F-111E/F or even a F-111G in RCAF markings ?, Do it in the Gunship Grey colours and use either low vis Canadian Grey/Black markings or the older blue/red scheme. If the RAF & RAAF had them then why not. Of course you can always do your TSR-2 in this scheme if you prefer ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Jeffry Fontaine

Very nice F-111K!  And definitely not a waste of decals.  I like your IFR Probe and where you have it positioned, it looks right and functional which is a plus for a "what if" project.  

Can you get some better detail shots of the model, some that is a bit closer with less fuzz?  

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Geoff_B

QuoteVery nice F-111K! And definitely not a waste of decals. I like your IFR Probe and where you have it positioned, it looks right and functional which is a plus for a "what if" project.

Can you get some better detail shots of the model, some that is a bit closer with less fuzz?

Hi Jeff

The IFR location is based upon the actual drawings that Joe has which is why he likes it as well, as common myth is that the K is like the FB-111 rather than the A model, as K components were later used in the construction on the FB-111 prototypes.

As for the Photos, the camera doesn't have an optical zoom, so thats the best we can get away with so far.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

elmayerle

Some one feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the F-111K supposed to have the advanced avionics fit that the F-111D had?  In that case, the detail set that Verlinden has/had would be useful.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

elmayerle

Another thought:  How about a Vengenance SR.2 (or whatever mark) from when the RAF gets fed up with the TF-30's problems and re-engines their F-111K's with an engine developed from the joint Rolls-Royce Allison experience with the TF41, including tests of an afterburner-equipped version) and the Rolls-Royce experience with the afterburning Spey (I'd call it either a Spey Mk.301/302 or a Medway Mk. 101/102).  At the same time, the same RHAWS system installed on Phantoms, Jaguars, etc. could be installed on the vertical tails of these aircraft.

Geoff_B

Hi Evan

That might not be a bad idea the engine cans in the Italeri kit are not the easiest to fit in theri respective holes. As for the RWR, i thought it but i thought the the F-111 already had decent kit in its tail pod anyway.

Not seen the verlinden set, but maybe on of the otheres will try a Vengence in a mid 70's scheme or possibly a more exotic one, i know a few are supposed to be building them (except of course for Wooksta, who would only use one as a source of spares for a more fitting subject !!!)

Cheers

Geoff

Martin H

I cant quite see Lee handling any F-111 kit unless he has surgical gloves on. Althou the imposible can happen, after all I have a photo of Lee with a Phantom kit in his possesion.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

THAT settles it!!!
We need LOTS more F-111s.
LOADS.
Damn me, they look great!!!
Mine'll be all-white eventually, but desrves greater coverage!!
EVEN MORE F_!!!Ks.....
go to it.......multiply!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

elmayerle

QuoteHi Evan

That might not be a bad idea the engine cans in the Italeri kit are not the easiest to fit in theri respective holes. As for the RWR, i thought it but i thought the the F-111 already had decent kit in its tail pod anyway.

Not seen the verlinden set, but maybe on of the otheres will try a Vengence in a mid 70's scheme or possibly a more exotic one, i know a few are supposed to be building them (except of course for Wooksta, who would only use one as a source of spares for a more fitting subject !!!)

Cheers

Geoff
Well, the engine change does make more sense than changing out the RWR, but I'm not certain just what kit the F-111K was supposed to be supplied with along those lines.

*G* Of course, if Britain had re-engined their F-111K's, they'd then be able to sell the resultant engines, possibly with different exhaust nozzles, to the US Navy for F-14's when the F401 got cancelled without immediate replacement.  Might be a tidy sum of foreign exchange there.

Captain Canada

QuoteHi Todd

Why not try an F-111E/F or even a F-111G in RCAF markings ?, Do it in the Gunship Grey colours and use either low vis Canadian Grey/Black markings or the older blue/red scheme. If the RAF & RAAF had them then why not. Of course you can always do your TSR-2 in this scheme if you prefer ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)
Hi Geoff,

Yep......that sounds good......with the full colour roundels !

And now that you're mentioning it, an all-over EDSG Arrow would look pretty sweet !

Cheers !

el Toado
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Quote(Stage whisper) Don't mention the Phantom!!!!!  ;)
Did somebaody say PHANTOM !!!!!
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"