What if I built a church

Started by lenny100, August 18, 2009, 06:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

Sorry haven't been around for a while but my health problems caught up with me , but i am on the mend, and this project has helped me.

A local undertaker who is a friend of my farther has opened a new shop/parlour which has rather a large window and he wants to get away from the usual headstones etc in the window.
He has decided to show what services he can provide , with hearses and things, and so he need a church.

he asked me to build him one in around 1/50 scale to go with the replica of his car fleet he has had made from the original car manufactures, (his fleet includes a 1933 roller based hearse and two brand new CLK's converted into the new larger sized hearse need to carry the growing waistline in the UK.

well he is what he wanted the church based on, a hornby ho scale St. Andrew church

my start as it not me to build a copy i have been making a few changes to give it more live.

the walls made up to scale  before i cover them to achieve the stone look using das clay

close up of one of the windows

another windows awaiting cutting out

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

B777LR

How about a King Tiger roaring through the wall, trying to conceal itself? And the tower needs to be blasted half away!

nev

Nice work lenny.  How are you going to whiff it - Bulgarian Orthodox? ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

jcf

Quote from: nev on August 18, 2009, 09:44:07 AM
Nice work lenny.  How are you going to whiff it - Bulgarian Orthodox? ;)

Well its St. Looney Up the Cream Bun and Jam of course.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk1Ra8rhUo0

Captain Canada

Looking good so far ! Gonna be big when she's all done, eh ? Do we get to see the replica car fleet as well ? Sounds interesting....

Buildings have always intrigued me...never actually built one ( apart from a model RR shanty when I was a kid ) but would someday like to do a nice town diorama.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: B787 on August 18, 2009, 06:51:49 AM
How about a King Tiger roaring through the wall, trying to conceal itself? And the tower needs to be blasted half away!

Oh yeah!!! that'll look really good in the undertakers window as advertising wouldn't it???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

jcf

Quote from: lancer on August 18, 2009, 02:48:41 PM
Quote from: B787 on August 18, 2009, 06:51:49 AM

Oh yeah!!! that'll look really good in the undertakers window as advertising wouldn't it???

Only in the window of the firm of Messrs. Hilter and Vibbentrop. ;)

Barry Krell

Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

BlackOps

Lookin' good! What tools are you using to cut with?
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lenny100

Quote from: BlackOps on August 18, 2009, 07:23:56 PM
Lookin' good! What tools are you using to cut with?

only a no 5 blade fited to a handle and a cople of sanding blocks
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

BlackOps

Lenny, I was hoping you would say something like that. I might have to give this a try someday, what you've got going on is very cool. :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, Lenny and it looks like your church is coming along very nicely.

If I tried to build a church, my hands would probably burst into flames.  :wacko:

It's nice to see something a little outside of the usual sphere of whiffery. Please keep us updated on your progress.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

puddingwrestler

How do youi intend to do the stonework texture? Personally, I'd use blue polystyrene foam and use a ball point pen to scribe the shapes in, but you're not doing that, are you?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.