Freightdog P.1109B review on Hyperscale

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, August 23, 2009, 06:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Not sure yet Van. The biggest problem I have is production, A2Zee do an excellent job but Ali has too much work to cope with, so I litterally get half a dozen kits at a time (for example with the 720), or maybe 20 sets of the conversions, then a few weeks of nothing. We are hoping to address this soon. I do use another company for pewter castings on the Blue Max kits and can do resin also, they are much bigger, but the lead time on an order is around two months!
Colin

van883

Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 29, 2009, 02:10:12 PM
Not sure yet Van. The biggest problem I have is production, A2Zee do an excellent job but Ali has too much work to cope with, so I litterally get half a dozen kits at a time (for example with the 720), or maybe 20 sets of the conversions, then a few weeks of nothing. We are hoping to address this soon. I do use another company for pewter castings on the Blue Max kits and can do resin also, they are much bigger, but the lead time on an order is around two months!
Colin

thanks for the info, Colin.

I think it is better to have a surfeit of demand over supply than the other way round!

Keep me posted

thanks (and thanks also for the superfast delivery)

Van

Weaver

A question, if I may?

The P.1109B and P.1083 conversions are described as being for the Revell Mk.6. Is there any reason why they wouldn't work with the Mk.9 kit? (The two mouldings look almost identical to me).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Barry Krell

The P.1109 used an F6 airframe but an in service one would likely have used the tailpipe parachute of the FGA9.  The 1083 uses a new tailpipe anyway, so either and F6 or FGA9 is a useful basis.

Revell's F6 and FGA9 are exactly the same tooling but with different sprues for the different variants. Some of the F6s came with an FGA9 tailpipe included.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Weaver

Smashing - thanks Barry.  :thumbsup:

As you might have guessed, I'm thinking about applying BOTH resin sets to the same model, complete with Swiss-style chaff-Sabrenas, two big drop tanks and the Firestreaks.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Colin - is the P.1109 set currently available? I couldn't find it on your website.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Freightdog862

I've got a couple left, just put back on the website. Once they are gone I will get more in a month or so.
Colin

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Great - I've just put in an order for a P.1109B and a P.1083. I don't mind waiting for a month, so please satisfy other folk's orders first if you've got more orders than stock.

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 11, 2010, 02:06:10 PM
I've got a couple left, just put back on the website. Once they are gone I will get more in a month or so.
Colin

I just looked and I can't find them.... :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Thats because some bugger just bought them! I'll get some more soon.
Colin 

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2010, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 11, 2010, 02:06:10 PM
Colin

I just looked and I can't find them.... :(

You have PM....

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 13, 2010, 02:54:44 PM
Thats because some bugger just bought them! I'll get some more soon.

Can't trust anyone these days, can you?  :lol: ;D

I'll keep an eye out for the next batch.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Weaver on January 03, 2010, 01:48:21 PM
Smashing - thanks Barry.  :thumbsup:

As you might have guessed, I'm thinking about applying BOTH resin sets to the same model, complete with Swiss-style chaff-Sabrenas, two big drop tanks and the Firestreaks.

Yup, me too.  I have the bits ready and waiting.  Hadn't thought about the Winders, just sticking with Firestreaks is my take.  Mid/late 60s alternative to the Lightning in Germany - so either 19 or 92 Sqn - natural metal with nice blue fin/spine is possible in both cases if one follows the Lightning F2/F2A as a template of sorts.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Freightdog862

I've just found seven more P1109B sets in the bottom of a box, so its back on the website if anyone wants to order. Thanks
Colin