HOG Memorial build....

Started by Tuck, August 27, 2009, 07:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Here is my start at a Memorial Build to HOG.

This is an Arado..err, umm Oh hell I dunno....

Had two old Hobbycrap Ar 234 B and C kits laying around, add one Monogram ME 262, parts from the spares bin, etc.etc. and you get this madness....

There actually was a proposal for something kinda like this - Scissor Wing!:

Got the basics laid out, now to figure out some landing gear for the beast...

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Ed S

A scissor wing jet powered triplane.  Now that is unique.  I like this idea.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Yup this baby would be right up HOG's alley, Tuck!

What an interesting concept. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sequoiaranger

Without the scissor-wing look (wings "normal") you could paint this "triplane" bright red and have the Red Baron's tribute jet!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Tuck

Progress!!!  Got the landing gear arrangement all figured out.  Harrier style landing gear! Trying hard to use brass tube, etc. to make the wings movable.  Putty, sand, repeat.....

Oh, and it now has a name:  Arado Ar 500 HOG (Head Out of Gestault)

Tuck 

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

cthulhu77

puddingwrestler

Those top and bottom wings need to spin! Spin like a helicopter! And then you could use it for low flying lawn mower attacks!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.