Henschel Hs 123 - bi-plane ground attacker

Started by ChernayaAkula, August 27, 2009, 09:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Didn't find a thread for it, so here goes. A fellow on Flugzeugforum.de is building an Airfix Hs 123. He has most of the plane assembled. The radial engine is not yet attached to the rest of the airframe. Doesn't look too bad like that. Almost like an in-line engine was fitted (small one :lol:). So, how about ditching the radial engine of the Hs 123 and fitting the engine and cowling of a Ju 87 Stuka or even Bf 109 E instead? Could look pretty cool. A bit Fiat CR.32-ish.

Who'll do a profile? Anyone? Anyone? Greg?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Hotte

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 27, 2009, 09:50:59 PM
Didn't find a thread for it, so here goes. A fellow on Flugzeugforum.de is building an Airfix Hs 123. He has most of the plane assembled. The radial engine is not yet attached to the rest of the airframe. Doesn't look too bad like that. Almost like an in-line engine was fitted (small one :lol:). So, how about ditching the radial engine of the Hs 123 and fitting the engine and cowling of a Ju 87 Stuka or even Bf 109 E instead? Could look pretty cool. A bit Fiat CR.32-ish.

Who'll do a profile? Anyone? Anyone? Greg?  :wacko:

;D

Hotte

sequoiaranger

I think a MONOPLANE Henschel Hs-123 would look like the Italian Macchi MC 200; maybe an interim fighter between the Heinkel He-51 and the Bf-109, or an "export" fighter to places like Hungary or Yugoslavia. [See "Doctored" Pic Below]

I have a fondness for tight-fitting cowlings with the little bumps on them for the pushrods, like the MC 200, Gloster Gladiator, Arado Ar-196, etc.

Maybe it has something to do with the feeling I get in my "pushrod" when I see tight sweaters on gals that show the "bumps" underneath, I dunno.  :wacko:

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Ed S

That may be the quickest drop into the gutter I've seen in a thread.  It starts with the Hs-123 and goes directly to girls in tight sweaters.   ;D

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ed S on August 28, 2009, 09:29:30 AM
That may be the quickest drop into the gutter I've seen in a thread.  It starts with the Hs-123 and goes directly to girls in tight sweaters.   ;D

Ed

And for that reason alone it should be applauded, but not encouraged  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Quote from: Ed S on August 28, 2009, 09:29:30 AM

Ed

Well Hs-123s are all about dropping quickly, so it made perfect sense to me...... :wacko:

How about an Hs-123 with a Jumo-210 like an He-112, or an export one with a Kestrel?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

If I must...

Inline version:

And Sequoiaranger's Monoplane version (loving that idea  :thumbsup:):

Personally, I like the idea of a carrier based version - maybe pre Ju-87C.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ChernayaAkula

Having access to my PC with pen tablet again (posted from parent's laptop earlier), I couldn't help but look what Greg's modified Hs 123 would look like with a Bf 109E-3 nose.
Personally, I think it looks pretty damn cool.  :wacko:

This was done purely with looks and horsepower in mind only. So I don't know whether it would actually work like that. 
Cheers,
Moritz

Daryl J.

The Hs-123 has it's own decided charisma doesn't it.

There's an 'all metal' Hs-123 underway in the basement being built up for it's role in The Mercenaries of Marrakech.

Daryl J.