Special Hobby

Started by Weaver, August 28, 2009, 01:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

The Junkers looks interesting....maybe do a few CDN bushplanes from the inter-war period ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 21, 2013, 07:45:23 AM
The Junkers looks interesting....maybe do a few CDN bushplanes from the inter-war period ?

:cheers:

Stick it on floats Capt. There were real floating ones  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Special Hobby 1/72nd Douglas Skystreak and 1/48th export Fairey Firefly currently discounted at Hannants:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH72214

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH48151
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Love to get my hands on a few of those Fireflies !

:tornado: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 20, 2014, 07:19:10 AM
Love to get my hands on a few of those Fireflies !

:tornado: :wub:

Can you order direct from Hannants? If not I could get you some then ship them at cost...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Coming soon from this source a series of Arado Ar 96 B's/Avia  C.2's and a HA 112 Buchon in 1/72. Plus Gruman Guardians and 3 Walrus boxings in 1/48
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 01, 2014, 07:43:30 AM
Coming soon from this source a series of Arado Ar 96 B's/Avia  C.2's and a HA 112 Buchon in 1/72. Plus Gruman Guardians and 3 Walrus boxings in 1/48

Buchons are out: ground attack version and "movie star" version faked up to look like a Bf.109E of a "Hurrischmitt" formation filler for the Battle of Britain movie:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH72308

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH72311

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

The BoB is the one to get, as you get all the bits from the Spanish one, plus a new sprue with all the bits to do the movie star.  Ok, you'd have to source Spanish decals but you'd have a wing left over for nefarious purposes.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Just had a good look at the the Special Hobby Hueycobras I got at Telford. Special Hobby were selling these with no boxes, decals or resin for just £6.00, which is presumably a response to AZ's "joypack" boxing of their Cobra which has three sets of sprues but no decals in a box for £16.00.

They look absolutely first rate! Detail is pin-sharp and there are loads of options and extra bits:

Two different rotor mast designs
Clear or solid nose fairing
Open or closed canopy doors
Left or right side tail rotor
Straight or upturned exhaust
Towbar and wheels for ground handling
TAT-102A turret with a single minigun or M28A1 turret with gun & grenade launcher
2 x XM-157 7 round 2.75" FFAR pods (one-piece tubular pods)
2 x XM-158 7-round 2.75" FFAR launchers (7 x "bare" tubes each)
2 x XM-200 19-tound FFAR pods
2 x XM-18 7.62mm minigun pods
1 x XM-35 gun system: 20mm vulcan on one pylon with 2 x ammo boxes on fuselage sides

7-round FFAR pods and 7.62mm mingun pods are hard to find elsewhere, and since at least two of the projects I have planned for these don't involve any of the standard armament, that's going to be a very nice boost for the spares box, thank you....... :wacko: :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Weaver on November 10, 2014, 07:03:14 AM
<...> Just had a good look at the the Special Hobby Hueycobras I got at Telford. Special Hobby were selling these with no boxes, decals or resin for just £6.00,<...>

SAY WHAT?  :o I mean, I already have five of the things, but for 6 quid a shot I'd have taken another five!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 10, 2014, 09:22:30 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 10, 2014, 07:03:14 AM
<...> Just had a good look at the the Special Hobby Hueycobras I got at Telford. Special Hobby were selling these with no boxes, decals or resin for just £6.00,<...>

SAY WHAT?  :o I mean, I already have five of the things, but for 6 quid a shot I'd have taken another five!  :wacko:

I don't know if they're available over the web. It had the look of a show-clearance-special, but then the instruction sheet looks to have been modified specially for it.

AZ's "joypack" version is still available from Hannnats for £15.99 which actually works out even cheaper. Not sure where the debate about which is the better kit currently stands.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

This'll please some folk, I think:

Special Hobby
Aircraft kits (injection)
SH72317 1:72 Gloster Meteor T Mk 7.5 1/72

Gloster T Mk.7 trainer aircraft (available under no.72548) was one of the most widespread variants of the Meteor jet fighter aircraft. Only a handful of the Meteor T Mk.7 was equipped with a larger and squared off tail taken from the more modern Mk 8 fighter version. This new trainer variant got some what peculiar designation Meteor T Mk 7.5 (T Mk 7 ? was also used). While these planes were used in Great Britain mainly for various test flights and public shows, in the Belgian and Israeli air forces they served as standard training machines.

The kit contains five frames of plastic parts, three of them in standard greyish styrene, the other two which contain the canopy and recce nose parts are made of clear plastic. The decal sheet offers markings for the Gloster company demonstration aircraft which was blue overall with white coloured stripes and civil registration codes. It was also equipped with non-standard wing-tip fuel tanks. The other British aircraft in this kit is the RAE test machine in dark blue overall and with a non-standard reconnaissance nose. This pair is accompanied by a silver Belgian machine with yellow trimmings and a camouflaged Israeli plane wearing a name on its nose (Ef´eh, ie Viper). 

£18.60  £15.50
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH72317

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 26, 2014, 03:55:19 PM
While these planes were used in Great Britain mainly for various test flights and public shows, in the Belgian and Israeli air forces they served as standard training machines.

They haven't got that quite right as the RAF had a number of 7 1/2s, some built like that and some standard T7s converted when they needed new tails for some reason. The Ferry Training Flight at RAF Benson in the mid-50s had at least two of them as I lived there and saw them with my own eyes.

Having said all that, the 7 1/2 is nice looking aircraft and it's good to see it modelled at last. It's been possible to do it by mixing and matching various Aeroclub conversions with standard kits but it's the first time it's been done as one kit.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

a Belgian Meteor T7  ;D
this pleases me a lot, would go great with the F.4 i have in the stash  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

I wonder why they went for the awkward "T.Mk.7 1/2" nomenclature? Surely it would have made more sense to use the next available whole number, so it would have been a "T.Mk.15" (assuming it came after the night fighters, of course)?

- Indiana Jones