Special Hobby

Started by Weaver, August 28, 2009, 01:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

By the way, for those who don't already know, Special Hobby are discontinuing the Azur and MPM brands, and are selling off all the kits in those boxings at a SERIOUS discount at the moment. There's also a lot of CMK bits in the sale too, and P&P from the Czech Republic, at lest to the UK, is reasonable. Ends March 1st:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/total-sale-50-off-on-all-azur-and-mpm-production-kits/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on February 20, 2018, 02:18:42 AM
Well, the curse of the rare/vac-form kit has struck again. Shortly after I've paid more than I usually would for a Huma Do.27, Special Hobby have announced a kit of it:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/dornier-do-27-german-spanish-and-belgian-service-1-72.html?cur=1&force_sid=mtl1iorpq4ptruggu4gh68ea33&lang=1&redirected=1

This has GOT to be a favorite for all sorts of bush plane and COIN-type scenrios... :wub: :thumbsup:
That is crying out for a turboprop engine and four or five blade prop  :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Would make a great Forward Air Controller (FAC). :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

The Do 29 would make a nice subject for a kit too.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Special Hobby have started to issue "simple sets". Recent releases which are sold bagged and with no decals. First 4 are the Folland Gnat, Fouga Magister, Kittyhawk Mk 1A and Warhawk P 40N. All at 8 Euros plus postage.

I've just ordered 3 of them  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I hope they put them in a box to post them.
:o

<edited to correct an autocorrection> :banghead:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2018, 04:24:52 AM
I hope they put them I'm a box to post them.

We shall find out one way or the other  :mellow: I do know how many pieces they are meant to be in  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2018, 06:10:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2018, 04:24:52 AM
I hope they put them I'm a box to post them.

We shall find out one way or the other  :mellow: I do know how many pieces they are meant to be in  ;)

Arrived today, very well packed in a good strong box  :thumbsup:

jcf

Quote from: chrisonord on February 21, 2018, 07:13:33 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 20, 2018, 02:18:42 AM
Well, the curse of the rare/vac-form kit has struck again. Shortly after I've paid more than I usually would for a Huma Do.27, Special Hobby have announced a kit of it:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/dornier-do-27-german-spanish-and-belgian-service-1-72.html?cur=1&force_sid=mtl1iorpq4ptruggu4gh68ea33&lang=1&redirected=1

This has GOT to be a favorite for all sorts of bush plane and COIN-type scenrios... :wub: :thumbsup:
That is crying out for a turboprop engine and four or five blade prop  :wacko:

Do 27-T 1961.

elmayerle

Now that is an aesthetically-pleasing aircraft.  You could make a start on modelling it by using an engine nacelle from a Pucara or a conversion for Airfix's Jetstream.  I'd been thinking of using something along the lines of an Allison 250 similar to the installation someone did in a Great Lakes aerobatic aircraft.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie

That is nice, looks like a smaller Turbo-Porter.

One like the idea of doing is the Rover engined Turbo Chipmunk, but with the Canadian bubble canopy for a more modern look, maybe with retractable gear.  Must pick up an AZ Model kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, that Sunderland V is tempting!

A friend of mine's Dad flew them out of Changi in Singapore and he waxes lyrical about them every time I see him. For some reason that didn't appear on my Special Hobby newsletter email the other day......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2019, 03:53:55 PM

It is isn't it. I see it will be a post War version in what will presumably be the first boxing.

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2019, 03:53:55 PM

A friend of mine's Dad flew them out of Changi in Singapore and he waxes lyrical about them every time I see him. For some reason that didn't appear on my Special Hobby newsletter email the other day......

My Dad had a load of parts in our cellar which came from Sunderlands (mostly radios). He got hold of them when they were breaking up the Sunderlands for scrap in Poole Harbour, they were pulled up on a ramp in the backwaters of the harbor, not far from the Navy base there at Sandford. Some of the stuff he got was wiring from the aircraft, boxes of it. A few years ago before he died, he donated all of it back to one of the RAF museums, apparently the wiring was like gold dust to them.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike