Advanced Technology Bomber - 1/72 Revell Kit (1988)

Started by stevev22fe, August 29, 2009, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

anthonyp

That looks really nice!

On a totally odd note, I found one of these in a LHS today.  Instantly bought it because your build has given me ideas.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

stevev22fe

QuoteOn a totally odd note, I found one of these in a LHS today.  Instantly bought it because your build has given me ideas.

I would like to see that when you set started on it!!

anthonyp

Was going to go in a different direction than the B-2 derivative.  Was thinking either maritime patrol aircraft or some sort of large airborne sensor.  It'll be a ways down the road, but there's definitely possibilities.

As for the ALCM shapes, I'm gonna have fun with those!

This kit is definitely a unique insta-whif no matter how we model it.  Like I've said in other threads, mine will probably pail in comparison to yours, but it'll be fun!

BTW, been forgetting to welcome you aboard!  The straight jackets are on the left.  XL is most comfortable.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

stevev22fe

I was thinking of doing the ALCMs in some sort of test vehicle Day-Glo orange & White scheme.

I am still uncertain if I am going to occupy the entire weapons bays with the ALCMs or have them on the ground waiting to be loaded....we'll see.....

Your right about the aircraft itself.....it's a whif no matter how you do it.  That's what is so nice about doing a project like this....no one can tell you that it is wrong.

When I do a whif project, I like to take a realistic approach to it...."If I saw this sitting on the flight line, it would be....."

Check out my other whif here: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fea1/901-1000/Fea915_F-19_Eggers/00.shtm

Spey_Phantom

that plane indeed looks awesome and very clean, would have been a perfect addition to the B-2 if it was buildlake that  :wub:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sisko

From what I heard that kit is not an easy build.

So yours is even more impressive because of it!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

stevev22fe

Weapons in the bays, all doors on and all the decals applied.....flight line in work

kitnut617

Considering that Revell mostly guessed at what this bomber looked like, I'm surprised that the u/c is remarkably close to being right.  Nicely done model Steve.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

stevev22fe

Flight line in work...Hasegawa launch crew vehicle complete

stevev22fe

JayBee

Those last three photo's are absolutely the Dog's Bollocks as we would say in the UK. For those that do not understand, that means FANTASTIC!  :wub: :drink: :cheers: :party: :bow:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Doc Yo

Well, I'm a cat person ;D, myself, but yeah-those are some of the nicest forced perspective shots I've seen.
( and the build is a beauty, too )

I've had one of these since the early 'nineties, and keep thinking about about turning it into an
ABL carrier, with the turret(s) either in the spine, or largely submerged into the wing...

Brian da Basher

I like the color scheme and the addition of the truck and crew. The "nose" reminds me of the old Seaview sub.

Nice work !
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher