Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussC

Interesting thread, especially the cars!

BTW don't leave us friendlier dragons out of the mix

303 TFS Komatsu, 6th Kokudan. They know how to spice up the yawn darts to Wasabi levels.

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

philp

Those are nice.

Found this one while looking for something completely different (and no, not Monty Python).

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

TallEng

Quote from: Mossie on May 29, 2012, 07:37:13 AM
Unusual graffiti artwork on this ex-Swiss Hunter, not sure what the 'mouth' is supposed to be, some kind of demonic sheep???
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Switzerland---Air/Hawker-Hunter-F58/1233419/L/&sid=f59889227bb8f7c454a8f481c016b705
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Switzerland---Air/Hawker-Hunter-F58/1254219/L/&sid=f59889227bb8f7c454a8f481c016b705

Its the "Graffiti" Hunter painted for 20Sqn of the Swiss Air Force to commemorate the Squadrons last combined refresher course. That Hunter had only ten or so flying hours before its retirement. And the mouth is from the Sqn badge, which is a Bison.
All info from 'Hunter Fascination' by Christophe Donnet: ISBN 3-9520906-0-3 Which is a big book full of colour pictures of Swiss Hunters, and probably covers every colour variation and special scheme worn by any Swiss Hunter (So probably only for Hunter fans)

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Quote from: lancer on May 29, 2012, 12:40:07 PM
Love the Hunter, very cool artwork and thank the gods it's NOT bloody Red Bull!!!

On a somewhat related note, that's something I don't think I've ever seen - an all-silver or NMF Hunter....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Knightflyer

There is a silver Hunter profile in the Warpaint book, it's on page 44. It's an F.1 (WT572) of the ETPS at Farnborough in 1959. That's the only fighter variant I've seen that was silver / NMF (of course quite a few T.7 wore the silver with yellow trainer bands)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

dogsbody

A B-18:

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

kitbasher

Possibly the second least menacing sharkmouth after the Battle posted by Dogsbody: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/2423/pics/9_4.jpg
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on April 27, 2013, 08:29:11 AM
Possibly the second least menacing sharkmouth after the Battle posted by Dogsbody: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/2423/pics/9_4.jpg

I rather like that.  :thumbsup:

The Harrow looked a lot better than the similar Bombay and the sharkmouth sets it off nicely. No doubt Sutcliffe or Magna do a Harrow kit.....?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Valom are coming out with both the Harrow and the Bombay in 1/72  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 27, 2013, 01:15:40 PM
The Harrow looked a lot better than the similar Bombay and the sharkmouth sets it off nicely. No doubt Sutcliffe or Magna do a Harrow kit.....?

I agree Kit.  The Harrow and the Bombay were built to different specifications - the former (assuming I have my facts right) to a bomber/transport spec, the latter to a transport/bomber spec.  That said, the Harroe was a development of HP's submission to the spec to which the Bombay was produced.

I wouldn't have fancied either's chances as bombers if WW2 had started in '37 or '38.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

In Airfile Operation Overlord V.1 there's a profile of a Harrow with part D Day stripes. Used as an air evacuation aircraft for casualties in Normandy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

Bringing this one back up as I haven't posted here in a while. Here's some I've snapped over the past while:

Here's a Huey Cobra which flies on the Czech civil register:

A Belgian SF.260

Not a tiger or shark, but this Austrian PC-7 still has bite

Here's a few more that, while not an actual tiger or shark mouth, do stay with the tiger or shark theme:

Belgian F-16 and Czech Saab Gripen together at Caslav in 2011

Czech Hind at Ostrava in 2012

Austrian Saab 105 at Zeltweg in 2013

Belgian tiger tail at Ostrava in 2013

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

NARSES2

scooter

O-1 Bird Dogs (don't know if they made it before)...

And the much more appropriate-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng