Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

That's fantastic! :ph34r:

The Jordan Forumla 1 team carried nose art on several of their Benson & Hedges liveried cars.  The nose art & names were away of getting around some countries bans on tobbaco advertising.

Jordan 197 'Bitten & Hisses'.  Original & best!

Jordan EJ10 'Buzzin Hornets'

Jordan EJ11 'Bitten Heroes'
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

dogsbody

A P-51, of the 51st Fighter Group, China.

P-51 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/100165274@N08/

From Warbirds Illustrated No.16, " AMERICAN WARPLANES  World War Two-Korea Vol. 2", by Jeff Ethell.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

dogsbody

From " RAF & RCAF Aircraft Nose Art in World War II " by Clarence Simonsen, published by Hikoki Publications, 2001.

lib-1 by Lib001 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/100165274@N08/
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,

Mossie

Wow!  Angry libby!

Hungarian Air Force Aero L-39's.  First one, in a Hornet scheme with a cartoon face:

Same Aircraft with a Shark scheme, very cool:

Different aircraft, with a similar shark scheme on a camouflaged aircraft & Hungarian flag on the tail.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

dogsbody

These two images are from " METAL CANVAS, Canadian and World War II Aircraft Nose Art " by Stephen M. Fochuk, published by Vanwell Publishing Ltd., St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, 1999.

This profile is from Warpaint No. 28, Fairey Firefly.

with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,

Mossie

Always like to see Spits with large nose art, it's unusual to see any WWII RAF aircraft with anything other than small personal marks, except for heavy bombers.  The Tiggy & the Firefly are pretty unusual too, nice finds!

Some from Tiger Meets:

Portuguese G-91 Gina.  Probably one of the most instantly recogniseable of the Tiger Meet birds.

US KC-135.  Mouth isn't quite in the classical position, but looks good!

French Mirage 2000.  Talking of out of position...  V cool!

Toyota Celica marked up at the Fairford Meet

upnorth

Here's a few extra of the Hungarian shark mouth L-39:

While not exactly in the sharkmouth bracket, here's a nicely fierce looking (not like they ever look any other way) Hind in Tiger Meet markings in 2005:

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

GTX

The July 2009 issue of Model Aircraft Monthly has an article (with many photos/illustrations) of Shark Mouth Typhoons operating in 1945 - I can't find my copy right now but it is this one:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

PantherG

One of my own What if works....
Czechoslovak Air Force MiG-21MF ,November war 1989, nicknamed "Saliva Beast".
Now is kit completly...

on built...

Completly camouflage scheme....plane is completed from two crashed planes

GTX

A couple more MiG-21s with teeth:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Not all shark mouths need to go on the nose either:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

and sometimes they even end up on aircraft that don't seem appropriate:

Regards,

Greg

beowulf

Quote from: Mossie on September 26, 2009, 04:52:49 AM

Jordan EJ10 'Buzzin Hornets'

i built the Revell 1/24 of that  :thumbsup:

a few tigers and teeth off the hd

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Mossie

Gulf war Tonkas.

MiG Eater, probably the most well known Gulf War Tornado.  Several Tobuk detatchment Tornadoes wore sharkmouths of a similar style.

Cherry Lips, another Tobuk Tonka, with low-viz sharkmouth

Triffid Airways right hand side.

Triffid Airways left hand side taken at same time as above.  Eye, but strangely no sharkmouth, different colouration shows it might have been removed?