Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 28, 2018, 12:47:11 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on July 28, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2018, 08:15:26 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on July 27, 2018, 04:37:53 PM

I think that's their new one, based on the A330.

Yes, indeed. It has proper winglets and the extra ventral strakes under the tail of the Beluga XL. Plus Rolls Royce engine apparently.

I find that the big letters 'XL' on the side are quite a useful identification feature as well!  ;) :rolleyes: <_<

Which side? You can't see them in that pic.

The grey 'areas' that the word Beluga is overprinted - but to be fair it's only because I've seen a full side-on picture as well that I 'know' that it's the letters XL  <_<
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Sometimes they can be just too subtle and arty...........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I saw that on the tv news the other day and thought - "that's rather cute"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

From the Wings of Russia page, so maybe that's a clue. Otherwise, "Seabear" is all I know about this one.

:mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

That's rather well done. rather an evil grin though  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Hurricanes with a shark mouth are rather uncommon, I think?

NARSES2

It certainly has a nose that suits a shark's mouth with or without the tropical filter.

The one that took me completely by surprise was the Defiant nightfighter that Airfix did in their recent tooling. I would never have guessed a Defiant with a sharks' mouth.

JayBee

For those that havr been into toothy grins that Defiant has been known for years.
I am however very, VERY, interested in any more info about that Hurricane. PLEASE, if anyone out there knows any more info let us all know.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TheChronicOne

Thanks!! So "seabear" must be an unofficial name or something? I would have had problems looking this one up for sure!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

An early photo showing Lt. Daniel 'Chappie' James in front of his North American F-51D Mustang during the Korean Conflict.
(USAF photo via nationalmuseum.af.mil)

:mellow: :mellow: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I noticed those... weird looking set-up. I was wondering about that.  :mellow: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Steel Penguin

nice f15  but whats across the top of the wings?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 24, 2018, 12:07:36 PM

nice f15  but whats across the top of the wings?

It's Japanese, it could be anything!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit