Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

^ Wow!  :o

What's the story behind this one? Always thought the Iranians didn't have that many Su-22s. Only a couple of "adopted" Iraqi Fitters.
This looks like some trials unit.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

That Iranian Fitter is a pleasant surprise
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

lancer

That spanish one looks like a girlie shark on a night out after having applied waaaay to much lipstick.. :ph34r: :ph34r:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

Not quite sure if it is a shark or perhaps an angry rhino...who cares, the nose of the new Turkish F-4E Simsek is wonderful:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

If that doesn't get the ideas flowing nothing will!!!  :wub:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

philp

With frickin "LASERS" on their heads.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on March 26, 2010, 02:12:56 PM
If that doesn't get the ideas flowing nothing will!!!  :wub:

I have a Schleich shark... ;)
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Can you remember my Sea Harrier Black Burnt Shark :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on April 01, 2010, 02:42:05 PM
Can you remember my Sea Harrier Black Burnt Shark :banghead:

Yup pride of place on the Harrier SIG  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Found this Luftwaffe RF-84F on Airliners.net, the Germans pull out the stops when it comes to final service schemes.  Probably one of the most fearsome looking nose art I've seen on an aircraft!  I like the roughly painted stripes that no JMN would believe you if you turned up with a model painted that way.

Taiidantomcat

Mossie

Another one that's a little bit different, shark in patriotic colours!

Radish

Smashing Tucano!! Wouldn't like to put the decals on that!!

Meanwhile have you seen that Iranian F-4Es have been wearing sharkmouths?....in one of the current aviation mags, browsed in Smiths.

And here's another sharkmouth....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

Yeah, that's pretty aggressive!  I've got one of the Rising Decals sheets with that shark (beast?) mouth, I've wondered what I could put it on.