Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Bloody hell....that P-39 reversal is amazing! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

Spotted this 'digital tiger' Tonka ECR in an article on the 2010 Tiger Meet in Airfix Model World.

Wonder where they got that idea??? ;D ;D ;D

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

Sue em!!  ;) That Tornado looks really cool Mossie but we saw it all here first with your design  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dogsbody

While rootin' through some boxes, at the back of a closet, I found these old pics. They are crap photos, taken with a cheap, crap camera.

Time: May, 1981.
Place: Edmonton Municipal Airport.
Sketchy charactor in last pic: Me.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Taiidantomcat

Pictures need not be perfect to be cool and very appreciated  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

philp

Not really a Shark or Tiger but neat none the less.

And a nice build of it using the 48th scale Testors kit. In Spanish but the pictures tell the story.
http://www.ipmsbogotaar.net/articuloov10bronco.htm
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Taiidantomcat

NARSES2

The ultimate crocodile grin, even got claws on the spat  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Can't tell off the top of my head (have some ideas but need to check my refs) however the nose does look false
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

The wording on the fuselage sides looks Russian from this angle.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Right it's got me beat. At first I thought it was a Soviet Junkers (the corrugations), but no. I've had a quick look through my Encyclopedia of Russian aircraft and whilst spotting a couple of possibles the engine positions are wrong, so over to others.

Gondor

Possibly 1920's or 30's, Dutch maybe?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Taiidantomcat

the Tupolev ANT-9 "Krokodil" propaganda aircraft, circa 1935  :thumbsup: (sorry I didn't post that earlier)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Bullsh*t Alert
Ahhh, yes, name was on the tip-of-my-tongue  :rolleyes:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)