Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: Maverick on March 07, 2011, 10:31:48 PM
it was a case of civvy so not desperately interesting.

Wash you mouth out - it is military through and through:  Beechcraft T-6 Texan II

Perhaps some better views will help you:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Maverick

Ok Greg,

A military trainer, albeit in civilian registration and markings.  Hardly any wonder I didn't take much notice. 

I do remember thinking, however, "T-6C" that must be the new Texan they're banging on about"

Regards,

Mav

ChernayaAkula

Have a look at the Phantom driver's helmet. Is that a Fishbed kill mark?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 08, 2011, 10:22:09 AM
Have a look at the Phantom driver's helmet. Is that a Fishbed kill mark?

It sure looks like it, but it's an Iranian Phantom, so who's Fishbeds would he have been shooting at?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Maverick

Seems odd to have a kill marking on a helmet though.  Could it be a squadron symbol instead?

Regards,

Mav

ChernayaAkula

Hmm, yes, odd indeed. But what self-respecting Phantom driver would have a Fished on his helmet if not to denote a kill?  :wacko:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2011, 03:56:49 PM
It sure looks like it, but it's an Iranian Phantom, so who's Fishbeds would he have been shooting at?

Iraqi ones. Think they bagged around thirty of them in the Iran-Iraq War. Then again, that was thirty years ago!  :o

But you guys would agree that's a Fishbed drawing, right?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Maverick

Moritz, I would have gone more with 'generic plane drawing', but if it is a kill, the guy might be old school or doing it as a tribute.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Regards,

Greg

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Sorry about that - corrected for ease of viewing (you can still click on the pics to get the high rez versions though).

regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

here's one on an SU-35, for the upcoming game "Ace Combat: Assault Horizon"

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat