Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Bit of a rare one here folks, as apparently the said markings only lasted about a month - and yes that is a RAAF F-111:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

JayBee

Thanks, Greg.
Never seen that one before :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

lancer

You've gotta love the Czech's! Given half the chance and they'll stick a sharks' or tiger mouth markings an almost anything in their air force. Long may they continue....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 09, 2011, 08:30:24 AM
59 pages of teeth coutesy IPMS Uruguay:

http://www.ipmsuruguay.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=2708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Outstanding find there!  :thumbsup:

They must have pics of every sharkmouth ever painted in that little lot.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dogsbody

Fairey Battle of No. 9 Bombing and Gunnery School.

"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

NARSES2

The "eyes" on that Battle make it look as though it's a little frightened of whats going to happen next  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 03, 2011, 06:52:14 AM
The "eyes" on that Battle make it look as though it's a little frightened of whats going to happen next  ;D

As it's flying at a training school it may have good reason!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

upnorth

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 03, 2011, 06:52:14 AM

It's a Fairey Battle! it has every right to be scared on that basis alone!
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

Kinda cool to see a mouth on an airbus, but to me it looks more like a smile than anything and it's missing the bottom set of teeth. but cool anyway.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Love the Hunter, very cool artwork and thank the gods it's NOT bloody Red Bull!!!