Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Cheers Mossie  :thumbsup:

I rather like that Hungarian Mig
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

And you can get a decal sheet for it too, Leading Edge Models does it, sheet number #72.5 for 1/72 scale, #48.5 for 1/48.  I've got the 1/72 sheet in the stash ----  ;D

EDIT: added link

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/601-700/Rev663-LeadingEdge4805/01.jpg
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 03, 2017, 06:09:22 AM
And you can get a decal sheet for it too, Leading Edge Models does it, sheet number #72.5 for 1/72 scale, #48.5 for 1/48.  I've got the 1/72 sheet in the stash ----  ;D

You, Sir, have won the internet for the day!! ::::trophy::::

And here I was... wasn't going to ask.... Well, I was, then I thought, "probably nothing out there." This thing is gorgeous and the juxtaposition of the shark mouth makes it so cool.

EDIT: Oh, and while we're here... would a stock T-33 work as a stand in for a CT-133? I'm on my way to "the internet" now to do my own research but thought I'd ask anyway.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

But why is it mainly blue? Isn't that a trifle unusual?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 03, 2017, 08:57:24 AM

EDIT: Oh, and while we're here... would a stock T-33 work as a stand in for a CT-133? I'm on my way to "the internet" now to do my own research but thought I'd ask anyway.

A CT-133 is a T-33 TCO, just the RCAF designation for it

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 03, 2017, 09:07:47 AM
But why is it mainly blue? Isn't that a trifle unusual?

It was based in CFB Greenwood, Nova Scotia Kit. In the book 'Canadian Military Aircraft, Finish & Markings 1968-2004 it says it was painted in this "odd" scheme for the unit's disbandment. It was called a Mako 1 scheme.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 03, 2017, 09:11:35 AM

Well, they stuck Rolls Royce engines into the ones they designated as CT-133's according to the info I've found. Just want to make sure this didn't change the shape of the fuselage or intakes or something. I'm probably just worrying over nothing.  ;D

"The T-33AN is a Rolls-Royce Nene powered-variant of the T-33A for the Royal Canadian Air Force; 656 built by Canadair with the company designation CL-30. Canadian military designation was later changed from T-33AN to CT-133."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_T-33
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 03, 2017, 09:36:41 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on December 03, 2017, 09:11:35 AM

Well, they stuck Rolls Royce engines into the ones they designated as CT-133's according to the info I've found. Just want to make sure this didn't change the shape of the fuselage or intakes or something. I'm probably just worrying over nothing.  ;D

"The T-33AN is a Rolls-Royce Nene powered-variant of the T-33A for the Royal Canadian Air Force; 656 built by Canadair with the company designation CL-30. Canadian military designation was later changed from T-33AN to CT-133."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_T-33

The T-33 was powered by a Allison J33 which was basically a licensed built Nene

TheChronicOne

Many thanks! For as much as I love the planes I don't know a whole lot about them. I appreciate the info!

I guess now all I need to do is buy a kit and buy them transfers.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Mossie

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 30, 2017, 04:58:35 PM
Gracias!

I'm going to pick up a set of those transfers and build that bad boy.

Sheet is Rising Decals 72-102 Foreign Messerschmitt, Pt.1: Swiss Emils but I believe it's out of print. The Gustav was J-713.  Part from that, the only info is a part profile of the forward fueslage and part of the wing, suggesting full neutrality markings.  I'm willing to let the sharkmouth go if you want it, but I'll need to keep the crosses as there's only enough for one aircraft.
http://www.rising.risingdecals.com/index.php/1-72-decal-sheets/104-72-012-swiss-emils-foreign-messerschmitt-pt-1

There were also several sharkmouthed Swiss Emils, at least two in a similar style (one's on that decal sheet above):
https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109E/SAF/pages/Messerschmitt-Bf-109E3-Swiss-Flieger-Kompagnie-FlKp21-showing-its-tiger-teeth-Switzerland-01.html

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Don't know how it builds Brad C but this on has great box art.
Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks both of yous. Currently engaged in "the hunt" for both items.  ;)

Found these on FB posted by a feller named Everett Sprous (SPRUES?!  ;D ) from the Pima museum (one of the premier in the world, I've heard.. gotta see this place some day):

That Tomcat!!!!  :o :wub: :wub: :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 06, 2017, 04:48:07 PM

That Tomcat!!!!  :o :wub: :wub: :wub:

Marked as a Sundowners' 'Cat.  Can't see the BuNo to see it was actually assigned to VF-111.  Needs the ginormous setting sun on the fins. :wacko:  And I think it's an A, because you can just make out the glove vane.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng