Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Looks like it may be this aircraft, the prototype Embraer E190-E2, with a repaint. The scheme and markings aft of the crew door are pretty much identical.

Even without the shark or tiger mouth the real aircraft carried a terrific colour scheme. And Revell do a 1/144 kit of the 190 too.  :thumbsup:

Pics filched from various places on the net.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Funky!!  Somehow I missed the big E190 on the side.  ;D ;D  Looks like it is indeed real then, not bad! 

Looks like it has had tigers AND sharks on it so perfect fit in here.  :mellow:  ;D

I have that Revell 190 kit. Got the 195, too, it showed up a few days ago. It's really tempting to open one up and get after it.  ... .      That reminds me, I need to hit the stash thread. I have a whole mess 'o kits to put in there from the last month.  :o   

-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Not exactly shark or tiger teeth --- but;

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

It's not really a shark mouth, but I somehow like the disturbing look and concept behind this:

Dizzyfugu

Another interesting alternative: tail art!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Knightflyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 27, 2018, 03:17:43 AM
How about a whale theme?

It's certainly got to be one of the cutest looking planes, some of the pictures even enhance the 'cuteness' further :wub:. Mind you some of the side on pictures do make it it look extremely 'flying-brick' like!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 27, 2018, 03:23:30 AM

It's certainly got to be one of the cutest looking planes, some of the pictures even enhance the 'cuteness' further :wub:. Mind you some of the side on pictures do make it it look extremely 'flying-brick' like!  ;D

Having watched them on approach at Airbus Hawarden in the past, they seem to have the flying characteristics of flying bricks too! A 'positive' landing would seem to be SOP for Belugas.

I must build one one day, a standard one I mean, I've already done a mega-stretched one.  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 27, 2018, 03:17:43 AM
How about a whale theme?

That is surely more of a Bottle Nosed Dolphin theme.
Mind you it is a lovely photo.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

I think that's their new one, based on the A330.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 27, 2018, 04:37:53 PM

Yes, indeed. It has proper winglets and the extra ventral strakes under the tail of the Beluga XL. Plus Rolls Royce engine apparently.

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2018, 08:15:26 PM

Yes, indeed. It has proper winglets and the extra ventral strakes under the tail of the Beluga XL. Plus Rolls Royce engine apparently.

I find that the big letters 'XL' on the side are quite a useful identification feature as well!  ;) :rolleyes: <_<
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 28, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2018, 08:15:26 PM

I find that the big letters 'XL' on the side are quite a useful identification feature as well!  ;) :rolleyes: <_<

Which side? You can't see them in that pic.

Regards
Kit