Shark's or Tiger's Mouth Markings

Started by GTX, September 04, 2009, 11:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2021, 01:48:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 23, 2021, 12:55:22 AM
If the RAAF flew them they'd suffer from snake strikes!  ;D

Or rip open their undersides with wombat strikes - nothing survives a wombat strike! ;)
I have personal experience with wombat strikes, where I grew up wombats were (probably still are) plentiful, there was 3 standout wombat vs car encounters, my mum and I both baldly damaged the front of our small car's by hitting them and the third was I was a passenger in my mum's car when she hit one and it rolled underneath stopping under the rear diff so the back wheels were off the ground, I had to rock the car side to side while mum had her foot down to get off of it. In all 3 of those the wombats ran off seemingly unharmed. Tough buggers!
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2021, 05:43:12 AM
But I bet the birds DIDN'T survive..............v

Common story around the 177th FW is one of the Baltimore-based MDANG A-10s stopped in for fuel after a day of making craters at Warren Grove.  On the roll to take off, there was a bird strike, the pilot declared an in-flight and came back in.  All the maintenance crew who looked over the plane could see the splatter where the bird struck and hosed it off before sending the pilot back on his way to BWI.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Flyer on May 23, 2021, 06:35:53 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2021, 01:48:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 23, 2021, 12:55:22 AM
If the RAAF flew them they'd suffer from snake strikes!  ;D

Or rip open their undersides with wombat strikes - nothing survives a wombat strike! ;)
I have personal experience with wombat strikes, where I grew up wombats were (probably still are) plentiful, there was 3 standout wombat vs car encounters, my mum and I both baldly damaged the front of our small car's by hitting them and the third was I was a passenger in my mum's car when she hit one and it rolled underneath stopping under the rear diff so the back wheels were off the ground, I had to rock the car side to side while mum had her foot down to get off of it. In all 3 of those the wombats ran off seemingly unharmed. Tough buggers!

;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

:o

Why does the fact that it's in Arkansas not surprise me ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 30, 2021, 06:04:39 AM

I think it is because you are a man of the world Chris, and not a lot can shock surprise you.

:rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on June 30, 2021, 06:17:26 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 30, 2021, 06:04:39 AM

I think it is because you are a man of the world Chris, and not a lot can shock surprise you.

:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Last night's result did  ;D  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Indian Air Force HAL Chetak/Alouette III in the 70's, close enough to a shark:

Most definitely not tigers or sharks, but what the hell...

Found at the Bharat-Rakshak facebook page and Airbus site.
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/stories/60th-anniversary-Alouette-III.html
https://www.facebook.com/briaf/posts/the-elephant-and-the-fish-two-rare-photos-surface-on-the-net-the-first-is-the-fl/2105200513034334/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on July 06, 2021, 05:25:11 AMMost definitely not tigers or sharks, but what the hell...

But were they pink?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Old Wombat

Vultures, flying fish & Dumbos, the perfect camouflage! No-one would ever suspect that they were, in fact, helicopters! ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ChernayaAkula

Maximum shark mouth has been attained. Thread can be closed.  ;)

SOURCE on Warthunder. They may nick Dizzy's pics without linking to the source all the time, but that's not how we roll, right?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TheChronicOne

Man that is cool! Makes the unassuming looking airliner now look menacing. Imagine applying that stuff as decals.......   😱
-Sprues McDuck-

Riksbar

Not sure if this ones been on here before, but an Offut based RC-135 making a good (but not great) landing at Mildenhall
https://youtu.be/-ptdm7GcJwI
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."