Older Radish Models....

Started by Radish, September 04, 2009, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Wow...those are a load of real beauties ! Great work, Radish ! For my favouritres I'll pick the Tigercat, the F-20 and that gorgeous Sabre. But then again, it's hard to argue with every one of those Crusaders !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sauragnmon

Love those saders, man... just beautiful stuff.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Wow is it a treat indeed to see more of your work, Radish! Your reputation as an incredibly talented and skilled modeller is well known and these pics will only enhance it to the stratosphere!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Gary

I am Gobsmacked! Wonderful work
Getting back into modeling

Radish

More "iffish" work....
When I was very active with The Quarter Scale Group, we had a theme of WW2 nightfighters, and I built the '109 as a night-attack aircraft in the all-over RLM76 scheme, which has a brownish tinge due to the weathering with water-colours. The kit is the 1/48th Revell Bf-109G-10, but under the fuselage is a bomb rack with 4 small bombs carried, courtesy of a Hobbycraft '109G. although there's the odd photograph and profile, of course, there's little been written about these night-attacks. Something which therefore appealed. The kit also has new exhausts, made from plastic tube and some thick wire from a coathanger.

Radish

At the same time, for QSG, I also built a rather speculative nightfighter Me262, a single-seater, flown by Kurt Weller based on a VERY speculative profile in a Czech publication (it was deleted from the next edition!!) but it was good enough for me!!

ChernayaAkula

Getting even better!  :o Really like the RAF and Japanese 'saders! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Coming soon......

an Irish Air Corps Mick Coyne MiC-21 "Wicked Wizard"..... :party:

nev

Terry, I remember finding in an old SAM....late 90s an Me109 article written by yours truly.  From the Sitzkrieg IIRC
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Absolutely correct. Neil had a lot of my articles but sadly the others didn't make it....subjects included a Ryan interceptor of the Guatamalan AF based on the Ryan Sports Trainer of 1/48th Testors origin, another '109E article using a different "non-standard scheme" with the "Red Band" obscuring the JG51 insignia, a USAF B-57 article using the Italeri 1/72nd kit, where the crew were killed on take off when the weaponry exploded after a collapsed u/c, and several others too. Oh, I did a 1/48th Tamiya F-51D in South Korean markings....recently published in MAM (well, the photos were, but he put them with Ian Day's model, so the text didn't match the CORRECT photos/model). The North Koreans were "reported" to have black "ex-Chinese" F-51Ds, but as this report was from US Intelligence, it was most likely false info.....but I built the model anyway, and my RF-51D too. I've still got them, and when the Cold War SIG "do" the Korean War, to these I can add 2 x F4U-4s, a La-7 and an AT-6D all in 1/48th.

Radish

Before the "Wicked Wizard", here's another old blast from the past. The Tornado "Reliant" F.5.
Based on a throw-away comment that the RAF were privatising maintenance, I had a scenario where an MP was driving along the road and spotted that a Reliant (think 3-wheelers as in "Only Fools and Horses") garage was doing a 10,000 mile service for a very low price. He booked a Tornado in and the following model was the result.
The "Crew Chief" had a Dragon 1/144th kit instructions to use, a video of Pamela Anderson and his own past experiences. As he'd built a Ju-87 in his youth (a kit of course!!) he put the second seat in facing the rear. The fin fitted better reversed so that's what he did....same with the wings, where the overwing fuel tanks were a local modification. The seats were from the local Co-Op, as was the "improved" Commodore 50 computer suite...note the cooling gap "built into" the nose. Other additions are "spare wheels", nose art (remember the Pamela Anderson video") and other minor touches.
The kit was from the Italeri 1/48th Tornado F.3 (when they were plentiful), decals from all over the place, kit, spares, etc.. Paint was Halford's Grey Primer, all properly weathered, as after completion, all Reliant cars/vans needed to sit in a field for a year or so gathering filth, bird poo-poo, etc...
The model also featured in the "Replic" magazine report on the UK Nationals.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.