Older Radish Models....

Started by Radish, September 04, 2009, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

And here's an Italeri 1/48th Typhoon with lots of mods, the main one being the nose extension which is just the cap off a Felt Tip pen inserted between the front fuselage and radome. The scheme is white all over with Halford's Primer, Yellow "Eastern Front" ID markings, and Blue Unit Leader markings. Decals from an AeroMaster 1/48th Albatros Sheet and kit. The scenario was Ukraine, Eastern Front conflict in 2015. I won the "Antic Trophy" with this at the Avon Show, Yate a few years ago.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

I remember the felt-tip-typhoon, but I especially like the Israeli 190 :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

In the Prague Air Museum at Kleby (however you spell it) there are details and pics of Czech 190's - A models. They had planed to build them aparently.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

So then, an Israeli Fw-190A or F....needs to happen!! :party:

Radish

"Fishface at the Ready"

This Mick Coyne/Gerry Vitch "Mick-21D Fishface (WW)" belongs to the Secret Serpent Squadron of the Irish air Corps. Aircraft "6", the "2" is for disinformation, is a fully modified Wicked Wizard weapon, carrying a variety of stores and equipment. Engine power is boosted by the addition of synthetic-Suppalot into the fuel supply. Weapons include air-to-air Shillelagh missiles, an air-to-ground Super Mavis missile, twin 30mm cannon, air-to-ground unguided Leper missiles, Potato Pud air mines, and a quite complete electronics fit that allows the pilot to seek out and jam the radars of potential targets. The "Wicked Wizard" fit on the "Fishface" has been used on Mick-21s of the Scottish Union Air Force (SUAF) too, although the choice of jamming material is different. The Irish Air Corps use constant playing of "The Dubliners" to destroy/block out the enemy radars, but constant upgrading is possible. For extreme occasions, "All Kinds Of Everything" by Dana has been used, but the UN have indicated that this is harmful to the mental health of all within the operating area. SUAF software is, at present, unknown, but may include the singing of Kenneth McKeller and readings by Kenny Dalgliesh of his own poetry.
Kit: 1/48th Academy MiG-21PF(modified)
Decals: MAX and spares
Source: "Wicked Wizards, Dana and me!" by Captain Dink M'Drigh (Irish Air Corps).
circa 1998

Dork the kit slayer

Always nice to see the "old favourites" Terry...but where is that great Roman Cutlass?? That and the Indian wars armoured car got me into this Wif lark.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Weaver

LOL - I love the Fishface, and I can already see some JMN spitting feathers at the "mis-use" of "precious" IAC markings....  ;D:thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Now That Mick-21's worth a pint, that is!  Mick Coin and Gerry Vitch, I Love it!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sequoiaranger

Somehow I *JUST* found this thread. Thought I am a fan of "fans" and not into "blowtorches", there are some fine whifs, here, radish!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Captain Canada

Some beauty stuff there Radish ! Love the Tornado, and the Daks. That Typhoon thing is pretty wild as well !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Radish

Dork, the Cutlass is on page 2 of the section under it's own heading.

Glad you've enjoyed the Daks, Cap'n, I'm thinking of upgrading another one with Turboprops, etc., and lots of gizmos, for RAF service "Anti-Immigration" Control circa 2011.
The UK is the country with the lowest living space per person in Europe....there's just too many of us now, and we live in little boxes.

nev

Quote from: Radish on September 28, 2009, 11:50:27 AM
The UK is the country with the lowest living space per person in Europe

And not to get political, but anyone who points this out is instantly called a racist :banghead:  And thats including the Scottish Highlands which have the lowest population density in Europe!  The RAF calls it Moon Country :tornado:

Keep 'em coming Terry :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Not one of mine, but good friend Simon Mepstead did this distinctly odd Korean War F-86F, with the story that the Crew Chief had this aircraft painted PINK overnight as the pilot's wife had given birth to a baby girl.
Mmmmmmmm :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Fishface!  What a great name.  Can someone bring back the Cold War so it can be used for real, please????
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter