Older Radish Models....

Started by Radish, September 04, 2009, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Yes it was fun to do, and probably because of the oddities, very quickly built....just about 3-4 days from start to finish.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

LOL - that's excellent!  :bow:

Gives me an idea too - what about a fighter plane modified to meet the road traffic regulations? Bumpers (fenders), lights at the right height and spacing, spare wheel, legal exhaust volume etc..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Don't forget the FSW "Reliant Tornado" on p3, but here's a pretty much straight from the box 1/48th Monogram ANR Night Attack Me-262, all painting from Tamiya hand-painted acrylics, and markings from Aeromaster for a Bf-109G.

Radish

And when I was active in the Quarter Scale Group, I sometimes slipped "generic" models in, like this all-black 9th AF A-20G (by AMT) which was quite popular. It's now deceased like the ANR 262. I also did a Ukrainian "SS" '262 which is now gone as well....must have a photo somewhere though.....

nev

Cracking 262.  Shame its gone to the big styrene pile in the sky, would have looked good alongide IHGs Italian one.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

I also built one in 1/72nd, "day fighter" colours, alongside an Air Defence Fw-190D...all ANR though. The '190D had lots of bright green on......I'll try and find a photo. :thumbsup:

hope everyone's enjoying the trail down memory lane.
Apologies for the crap pictures....never too great with me. :drink: :blink:

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on September 16, 2009, 01:25:44 AM

hope everyone's enjoying the trail down memory lane.

To right I am Terry  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

This is great stuff Radish, keep 'em coming!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Radish

A Luftwaffe Rex~ Tamiya 1/48th, Tamiya paints, based in the Balearics. No longer with us (but I have the floats!!)

van883

Quote from: Radish on September 15, 2009, 05:17:40 AM
And when I was active in the Quarter Scale Group, I sometimes slipped "generic" models in, like this all-black 9th AF A-20G (by AMT) which was quite popular. It's now deceased like the ANR 262. I also did a Ukrainian "SS" '262 which is now gone as well....must have a photo somewhere though.....

how did it die?

shame...I'd like to have seen it in the flesh

Van

Radish

Things get broken at shows, or I recycle the spinner....when they've been around for a few years they get a bit battered or perhaps even given away. I used to do up to 15 shows/displays a year once upon a time.

Now here's one from aeons ago....about 1984....Twin SHARs from the Matchbox Shar.

nev

That Rex, I gotta admit, if you hadn't said what it was, I would have glanced at it and thought it was a real subject :bow:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

The North Koreans allegedly had La-7s during the Korean War, but La-7s would have rotted by then as much of the construction was of wood. But I built one for Quarter Scale Group anyway, from the Hobbycraft/Academy kit, using Tamiya paints and AeroMaster MiG-15 decals.

kitnut617

Quote from: Radish on September 16, 2009, 10:19:36 AM
Now here's one from aeons ago....about 1984....Twin SHARs from the Matchbox Shar.

While building my STOVL Canberra I was thinking about something like that too, I've got two 1/48 Harriers to use up seeing as I've helped myself to a number of bits from the boxes.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Radish

The SHAR was easy as the wing/fuselage joins on the kit were parallel to the centreline, so the filling bit between was just a rectangle shapre

Meanwhile.....

An RAF Bomber Command Thunderbolt I with a strange aerial configuration!!
1/48th Monogram kit with very big fuel tanks.