RNoAF A-7N+ (Look, I finished one !)

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, September 07, 2009, 04:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Fujimi kit with some slight cosmetic surgery... A little rhinoplastie (courtesy of a passing 1:48 F/A-18 drop tank) and a little fin work, courtesy of some plastic card and my X-Acto knife. Decals by our , Nev and Penguins from the ever helpful Howard of Effinghan (thanks, Trev).

Anyhoos here's the pics and stuff.

Kit:  Fujimi 1:72 A-7E Corsair II
Paint:  WEM, Xtracolour & Humbrol enamels
Decals:  Italeri 1:72 F-16A (is that right, Nev ?)
Extras:  Extended and reprofiled radome, 'EMI/Marconi' style fintip ECM pod. Drop tanks from Hasegawa F-4 kits, Penguin missiles from Hasegawa weapons set (?). All 'carrier' options removed (wing fold, arrestor hook, catapult bridle, etc etc)

Vought A-7N+ Corsair II
332 Squadron, RNoAF
Rygge AB

Thanks as ever for looking. All questions and comments are welcome.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PolluxDeltaSeven

Wonderfull!! I really like what you did with it!!

I'm working myself on a German A-7 and I doubt the F-4 tanks could fit the Corsair alongside the Sidewinders... You just prove it's possible!!

By the way, I really enjoy the payload  and the camo!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Scooterman

Nice one, my brother from another mother! :wub: :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Nice work! :thumbsup:

The nose job sure alters the profile somewhat! :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Very nice Ian! :thumbsup: Love the new nose!  :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

nev

I gotta be honest, whilst you were building this I was unsure about it......how foolish of me to doubt you!  Its fantastic!  Especially like the first shot with all that iron under the wings.... :tank:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

A nice looking version of a great plane.  Well done!

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitbasher

Lovely!  I've a soft spot for the SLUF (yet curiously the Crusader doesn't quite float my boat).  One day I'll get round to building either an RAF or RN version - or both!  Joint Force Corsair, anyone?? ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

That's a good'un - surprising how much better it looks with that simple change to the nose cone.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gary F

As others have said, very nice one indeed.  Like the loadout and very nice job with the gray camo.

regards,
Gary F

Brian da Basher

Very well done, Ian! I especially like the different gray tones and how you alternated them on the wings.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

tanktastic43

Well done. Subtle but very effective alterations. I like this a lot. Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.