1/144 Frigate: LNS Westkerke

Started by Spey_Phantom, September 08, 2009, 03:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

after 6 months of secret work, the newest addition to my Leutonian Navy fleet is done  ;D

the LNS Westkerke is one of 2 Westkerke-class Frigates ordered by the Leutonian Navy in 2008 (see alt. history news) she is currently undergoing sea trials and crew training and is expected to enter service in januarry 2010.

the hull is from a scrapped 1/350 Bismark (bought at a rumage sale for 50 cents), the rest is all scratchbuild from styrene plates and spares.

here's she is, showing of its pride  :wub:

seen here is its main gun, 105mm turret (from the revell 1/144 Fletcher destroyer). also seen on top of the commandpost iare the various antenaes.

on the rear deck, above the helicopter hangar, you can see the CIWS and tubes SAM's to protet the ship against incoming threats from the air.

the rear deck is made to accomodate 1 or 2 small SH-135 helicopters or 1 S-70 Seahawk.

to attack other ships or surface targets, the ship can launch 2 AGM-88 Harpoon/SLAM missiles.

another side view.

the life rafts / boarding fast boats.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sauragnmon

That's quite a nice piece you have there, Nils.  Looks rather composite, well done.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Captain Canada

Nice work, Nils ! She's got everything she needs to head into bathtub battle ! I like the loook of the SeaHawk over the -135, just looks more warlike on such a heavily armed ship.

Great stuff !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

proditor

Beyond the standard compliments on a job well done, (And indeed, well done!) I'm just floored that you're working in 1/144!  The future missus would remove parts of my anatomy that I'm fond of if I even broached that idea!   :thumbsup: