What is your current PROJECTS/CONCEPTS/IDEAS WhishList?

Started by ysi_maniac, September 09, 2009, 08:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Do we or do we not have a Whiffie category for Sci-Fi? Of course it's "in".
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

This is just what's actually in-build or stalled at the moment. I did have an "ideas" thread of my own, but it was getting so long it was scaring me.....

1/72nd Marder fire-support vehicle (120mm mortar + 27mm cannon) in British service - underway

1/72nd Avro Atom light fighter (Gnat w/MiG-21 wings) for Patchwork World - underway

1/72nd Westland Pteradon tandem-wing fighter (two F-5Es siamesed together) for PW - stalled (fell out of love with the wing choice: looking at alternatives)

1/72nd Yak-140 Frogspawn (Sovietized Mystere IV) - stalled (started for Sovietize It GB, but made a mess of the paint)

1/144th BAC Narwhal (flying boat Concorde with Bloodhound-based recce drone)  - stalled (started for Flying Boat GB but ran out of time and had a crisis of concept)

? scale Steampunk Land Speed Record car (modified Testors Salt Flats Racer) - stalled (started for LSR GB but ran out of time)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tigercat2

Quote from: anthonyp on September 09, 2009, 08:38:25 PM
Ooof...  This is a painful list, since I can't remember what all my non-finished builds are...

In Progress:

Stuff I needed those TOWs and Hellfires for (about four Anigrand kits collected over the years)
XP-81 in some color scheme (started building, had no plans for)
XP-75 in some color scheme (see above)
XC-142 in USN colors
YF-17 in some nation's colors
Tons o' ships (waaay too many to count...  ok, so it's about 26 in various stages of building)
AH-56 modernized to the 80's (cannibalizing a lot of attack helos for bits)
Bunch o' space shuttles/fighters/stations (started a lot of shuttles and space fighters already)
A-9B (naval variant, almost done, needs armaments and decals)
2 x ANG F-14's (built up, need painting)
F-4S (needs those inlets I put a plea out for; will be USNR VF-209)
Shinmeiwa PS-1 Flying boat (was going to be USCG)
Seamaster (USCG)
Whispercraft from the 6th Day (USCG variant; was USN, but was in a USCG kinda mood one day and repainted it white overall)
F-4E (171st FS)
A butt-load of airliners done up in military roles (tankers, AWACS, transports)
B-52G (US Navy, refit of an ancient model of mine)
A few odd Amodel kits (Global Express, Christen Eagle, etc, in military roles)
The odd RPV (not calling them UAV's)
PZL 230 Skorpian that arrived yesterday from evil-Bay
Some other kits I know I'm forgetting, yet am too lazy to walk to the bench and stare at it

Planned:
Whatever strikes my fancy as I look at the stash.  Have vague general ideas, but nothing concrete (save some YF-23's in 171st and 87th FS markings, and two YF-12's in markings for Kincheloe AFB... OH, and about half a dozen XR-7's and two SR-75's in companion Recce markings to the FS from Kincheloe)
F-108 in either the Kincheloe FS markings, 87th FS markings, or 171st FS markings
Mig-31K Swing Wing (been planning this one since I first joined Whif)
Another swingwing F-15N (this time an F/A-15N+ variant)
More ships (have more in the stash than I really should; have some Ruskies and other Sprucan/Tico mods I need to do)
Space Station Freedom (kitbashed Revell ISS and Revell SpOC's (Space Operations Center) with other bits for the dual keel design)
Excelsior class Heavy Space Shuttle (based on a drawing I did a long time ago for a larger shuttle, based on the 1/100 Tamiya shuttle scale-o-ramaed into a 1/144 design; name is an homage to the old FASA trek names for the Movie Enterprise (Enterprise class Heavy Cruiser) and the subsequent replacement for her, the Excelsior class Battleship, seeing as how the Space Shuttles could technically be called Enterprise Class Space Shuttles)
More FRoCA, Conch Republic, Quebec, Louisiana, Henristan, NATO, Ceylon, ASSR, Durka-Durka-stan, and Cuban Republic models
Models for the Concordant Island of Kokomo (Invented another nation, nowhere near as inviting as the Beach Boys would lead you to believe)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of them, but that's what my sleep deprived brain can come up with right now.

Really looking forward to the F-12s and F-108s - you must have a fondness for the old ADC!!

Wes W.

Mossie

More than I'll ever build & I've forgotten more than that.

Sukhoi T-4MS late design (hopefully the next project) using the Anigrand 1/144 kit
English Electric P.12 (Canberra interceptor variant)
Avro 721
BAe P.1216
Boeing SST Air Force One
USAF Tornado, ADV with IDS radome.  Probably build this for the Let it Snow GB that nev mentioned, if it gets the go-ahead.
Hawker Siddley P.1141
Hawker P.1093
Solid nose VG Lightning
Real World Gloster Meteor T.71/2, Martin Baker test bed
Hunter P.1083/P.1109 combo, probably in an RAE (not Rasberry Ripple) scheme
Saro SR.177, probably in air defence greys
Conversion of Elefant Faun into a wheeled SPG or SPAAG, using the Czech Dana as inspiration
A-7 Corsair, probably RAF Desert Pink
HS Dominie AEW variant
Piasecki VZ-8 Airgeep SAS Pink Panther
Westland Chinook with twin Gnome powerplant
Fairey Rotodyne Water Bomber
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

anthonyp

Quote from: Sisko on September 11, 2009, 03:37:05 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on September 10, 2009, 09:55:35 AM
Ed S: Thanks. I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Quote from: Sisko on September 09, 2009, 03:46:15 PM
As it is Sci-Fi I havn't posted any pics in the current builds.

Why not!?

Cause I don't know I guess that I didn't want to clutter up a Whif board with Sc-Fi models. Unfortunately it is all I am building at the moment.

But I supose it wouldn't hurt.

I'll post some pics this weekend.

Sci-fi rawks!!!!  Which reminds me...

I've got an old Polar Lights 1/350 Star Trek Enterprise-class Heavy Cruiser ongoing (had some custom decals for her on order, but the order got cancelled... gotta follow up on that), as well as an Alliance 1/1000 Star Trek Enterprise class Heavy Cruiser (also had decals on order from same place...  now that I'm vacation, I'll follow this up...)

And as for my F-12's and my F-108, I love ANG units in the cold war, but not ADC grey (too shiny).  The F-108 will be in low-vis colors similar to my Glamorous Glennis III I did a few years ago.  Thinking of doing similar colors on the F-12's.  Thanks for reminding me about the F-12's.  I've got one in progress, and one in the stash.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Joe C-P

Where's the ship guys?  :unsure:

Just the whiffs, I've real world that need doing, too.

On the desk to finish:
Patchwork world TAV-8B
That flying wing
The airgroup for my Rodina carrier
The airgroup for my Polish/RN Kiev

Next up:
SV-22
SBC-4 Helldiver in mid-war colours
Patchwork world coastal Dutch ship

Then:
Euronavy Varyag
Something with an Su-34
USS Hudson City, AOEN-5

Someday:
Patchwork world Dutch World Cruiser
USN YB-35
Assault ship conversion of USS NJ
Carrier conversion of HMS Hood, or one of her sisters
Tillman battleship
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PanzerWulff

so far
1/35 Revell offshore powerboat Military version S.L.I.C.e SEAL Littoral Interdiction Craft ;D AKA "Pirate Slayer"
1/35 Dragon Tiger 1 Prototype IJA Heavy tank "Tora Ichi"
Pegasus hobby's Apollo 27 as a Orbital station defense Fighter/Interceptor
1/48 Tamiya Beuufighter TF as USMC replacement for B-25 PBJ WWII
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

anthonyp

Quote from: JoeP on September 14, 2009, 07:23:11 PM
Where's the ship guys?  :unsure:

Ahem....

Tons o' ships (waaay too many to count...  ok, so it's about 26 in various stages of building)
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on September 10, 2009, 12:28:44 PM
these are some of the projects that are currently stocked into the "Think Tank"

-1/72 Blackburn Buccaner (Royal Australian Navy, as an A4 replacement)
-1/72 FW190T-1 (Carrier based version of the FW190)
-1/72 21st century Focke Wulf Flitzer (currently in design stage, perhaps even a zwilling)
-1/72 Argentine Navy SU-22M3 (been on the planning for 2 years, but the build kinda stalled)
-1/72 Belgian Tiger F-4E
-1/144 scale STOBAR carrier (currently under study, styrene plates already in stock)

and i just wanted to ad some additional projects:

-1/144 J-7MG Fishbed (nationality unknown)
-1/144 Morrocan Jaguar-A
-1/72 AR.196 (F.E.R.S, from the TinTin Comics)
-1/72 SABENA C/AD-5 Skyraider
-1/72 Supermarine Walrus Mk.1 (Belgian Air-Sea Rescue)
-1/72 Tiger Moth (from the TinTin comics, still have the decals provided by martinH)
-1/72 P-51A Mustang Mk.1 (Post-War SAAF)
-1/72 various Luft46 projects
-1/72 Mitsubishi T-2 (nationality unknown, thinking either RAAF or Danish)
-1/72 Starfighter T.Mk-2 (Royal Air Force)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

elmayerle

Currently stocked up and slowly being developed more fully:
1/72 multiple F-15Ms, both protoype and production
1/72 & 1/48 P-51B two-seat nightfighters
Assorted 1/72 whiffed Harriers, most prominently Finnish and Argentinian
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Fulcrum

Got a idea of converting a Mig-29A into a Mig-29ADF(similar to the F-16ADF).
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Radish

Currently the TSR.2 into the Tupolev Tu-21...the early version, a later version will appear too at some time.

The F-8E(NZ) in 1/48th, with additions for the FGR role, Gulf War from New Zealand.

Lots of Biggles stuff including a Beaufighter TF.X
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

Been thinking as you do.....

Imperial Roman Air Force TSR.2 version
Chinese Tornado (apparantly the Commies were interested?)
A-20 (1/48th) REAL WORLD, and probably RAAF...possibly A28-28....an A-20C delivered as an attrition replacement, and I'll "tweak it" to get some nose-art on it....for the Quarter Scale Group display of WW2 Bombers.
I'll start this after the Nationals.
:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on September 17, 2009, 01:34:35 AM
Been thinking as you do.....

New experience for you then ? Sorry still knackered after Prague  ;D

Now a Chinese Tornado sounds really good, especially if you can find any evidence that they were interested.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.