Jedi Cruiser - 5000 years before the republic

Started by Sisko, September 11, 2009, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Mossie on September 12, 2009, 06:06:54 PM
Keeping my eye on this one!
:party:
Seconded! I always really enjoy watching you put together another wonder, Sisko and this one's going to be a masterpiece!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sisko

Bit of an update.

Finished the frame work for the upper superstructure and started detailing some of the side walls of the ship. I also started detailing the upper deck.

Using lots of 1/72nd scale armour kits for detailing as well as 1/35th scale panther parts, bits from the old fit the box scale Arizona kit (of which I have several), 1/48th scale hasagawa weapons sets,  1/48th scale and 1/32 scale aricraft parts which were bought for projects that never saw the light of day.

I also have some auto kits laying around that will find their way into the detailing.

I am also using a fair bit of card stock as well.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Wow!  :wub: The spares box is coming in very handy!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

philp

Looking good.

Some suggestions for hiding other model parts taken from some of the pros.

Take tank wheels and glue them together in a stack.  Then you can mount that direct or cut it in half lengthwise and mount them separately.  Modifying the bits a little helps add that bit of extra clutter without people saying, "oh, there is a mg34 and a Panther engine grate".

Course, if you spend too much time modifying bits, you may never get finished.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sisko

I havn't done anything to this at all. It has basically sat due to the fact that I have been trying finish some other projects.

I had 1/35th tamiya challanger (coolest tank ever) that I wanted to finish for one of our club challanges. Missed the challange date by 2 months but finished the model. I took my time and it has payed off, it has came out as one of the best armour kits I have done.

Also finishing off a diecast FA 18 hornet for a mate which is slowly crushing my spirit. I want it to look half way decent so it is requiring some real loving.

I hope to get back to this in the New Year!

buzzbomb

Way cool.. this is great stuff

waiting for more :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian T

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Wow what coincidence! I haven't been here for at least 6 months and I decided to pop in and have a look and bam! This old build post.

Sorry to disappoint but since this post I now work on a mine in the Tanami desert. My roster is two weeks on and one week off. Due to these changed circumstances this baby is progressing very slowly.

I am getting modeling done but big projects like this are on the backburner.

Mainly si-fi no what ifs?