Started by sudzonic, September 13, 2009, 04:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sudzonic

Quote from: philp on September 14, 2009, 08:02:47 PM
Think the kits are 72nd.

Yes they are both 1/72 dragon kits thinking i will do this i 1/35 as i can use parts of the Abrams tusk and Bradly updates to make it more urban orientated?
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Nick

What you need is a TV camera on a pole for peeking over tree tops and hill ridges without exposing the whole vehicle. I've seen the artwork for it on a German Luchs? on here somewhere.

I like the Mosby name, fits nicely in historical terms.

Mike Wren

what are you going to do with your turret-less Bradley hull?   :tank:

sudzonic

Good question? or the Abrams turret for that matter?

Mike Wren

Quote from: sudzonic on September 15, 2009, 04:39:05 AM
Good question? or the Abrams turret for that matter?

I'm not sure it'll fit!  ;D how about an ambulance or mortar carrier?

sudzonic

:lol: i will think of something? thought about build the leviathan from the death race movie as it has an Abrams turret on the back of the trailer.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

The Dreadnought* would be a cool piece to see done, I enjoyed the movie and the whole appearance of the Dreadnought was just sheer awesome when it came out to play.  The sadist in me just grinned when I saw the beast rolling along like that.

*same reference, but it might have differed between national releases, as it is known to happen - the version I saw it was known as the Dreadnought.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sudzonic

Mite have got the name wrong?i am sure thats what it was called when i watched it here in the UK? just need to find a suitable truck in 1/35 scale? :banghead:

Sauragnmon

Might have been the right name in your case - sometimes small things will differ between releases in regions, even titles in some cases - I have a production copy of what would be known as Formula 51, though the title in my copy is "The 51st State" which is interesting to note.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

frank2056

Quote from: sudzonic on September 15, 2009, 02:22:57 AM
Yes they are both 1/72 dragon kits thinking i will do this i 1/35 as i can use parts of the Abrams tusk and Bradly updates to make it more urban orientated?

The Trumpeter 5 in 1 M1A1/A2 kit is very nice, has plenty of options and it's usually cheaper than the alternatives ($24!). I don't know how the Academy Bradley compares to the Tamiya; iirc, there was an upgraded Tamiya Bradley as well.

sudzonic

OK been having a think about this one the spec will be as follows.
M1 hull fit-ed with tusk side skirts and rear bar armour over the exhaust

M2A3 Bradley turret with legends update sets

So this turret set up.

on this hull.

and a taster for what is to come

Sauragnmon

Mmmm a whole lot of ERA on there.  It should look quite interesting once you look it over.

wolfik

no wwwwwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
the light turret on such a heavy and ....expensive hull?
build your own heavier turret or change the weapon on the abrams ...
change it to any gutling gun (I build mine with the 25mm GAU-12U Equalizer )
25mm projectils  in an urban territory are more than deadly...
and 25mm bullets or explosive projectiles crackling on any armoured vehicle are not welcomed...
the rate of the turret to the hull in your option in any mode is not acceptable....
my 5 cents :)