IPMS(UK) Scale Model World - Telford 07 & 08 Nov 2009 - Note to attendees

Started by Thorvic, September 15, 2009, 12:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: Martin H on November 01, 2009, 04:18:10 AM
Ive also heard that it wasnt just T.I.C. who wanted the pre show access better managed.  It would seem some of the traders have been asking for at least an hour in the mornings to restock re arrange ect, with out marauding early bargin hunters getting in the way.

Yeah, those pesky punters eh?  How dare they try to give the traders money in return for kits!

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what next years "must comply" directive will be.  Seems every year for quite a few years now there is an unpopular change to the way things are done, always being blamed on HSE/TIC/Insurers....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

Quote from: nev on November 01, 2009, 06:06:32 AM
Yeah, those pesky punters eh?  How dare they try to give the traders money in return for kits!

To be fair, the traders do need a little time, mainly sunday morning to replenish. Even so, most as far as I know are happy to deal even when restocking, so long as you dont get in the way.

And as has been said before. Its only in the last few years that the halls have been open for set up before 9am. It used to be a case of lockdown, with only a few people allowed in. It looks like it is returning to that way again.

Quote from: nev on November 01, 2009, 06:06:32 AM
Meanwhile, I'm wondering what next years "must comply" directive will be.  Seems every year for quite a few years now there is an unpopular change to the way things are done, always being blamed on HSE/TIC/Insurers....

I thought I was the cynical one around here? Your guess is as good as mine Nev

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

No, just the usual upbeat excitement.
I'll be greeting the early Saturday morning people with a rubber chicken as usual. I had considered orange hair, but think I'll look like a pumkin lol :party:

lancer

Quote from: Radish on November 02, 2009, 12:47:46 AM
No, just the usual upbeat excitement.
I'll be greeting the early Saturday morning people with a rubber chicken as usual. I had considered orange hair, but think I'll look like a pumkin lol :party:

So what colour will you hair be this year???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

What a wonderful riot of colour - Purple hair and a Yellow chicken. Is the jesters hat you wore a few years ago going to make an apperance as well?

Nick

May I suggest that as SMW2009 was 6 months ago this topic be unstickied and allowed to move on?

nev

May I also request that my name be changed to Nostrodamus, after successfully predicting that there would be another unpopular change for 2010, to be blamed on the government? (Banning of  "make n take", since we're all paedos, apparantly).

And its only April, still plenty of time for another stupid, pointless change :)

Radish

Agreed, the regulations re. Make and Take, etc.. is a totally ridiculous, crazy situation. I could go on about Stalinist-Fascist dictatorships but don't want to be controversial, so I'll button it. >:(

lancer

It's my club that usually runs the make and take. The reaction to the ban and the unspoken 'You're all paedo's until proved otherwise' was decidedly hostile. Especially when we were told we would have to pay for the CRB checks ourselves, and they are about £40 a shot now!!

lenny100

that's not the on
Quote from: lancer on April 06, 2010, 07:53:45 AM
It's my club that usually runs the make and take. The reaction to the ban and the unspoken 'You're all paedo's until proved otherwise' was decidedly hostile. Especially when we were told we would have to pay for the CRB checks ourselves, and they are about £40 a shot now!!
that's not the problem, the main problem is that foe that £40 you are only cleared for that use, people like me who work with children at several places now and as a steward at the stadium of light i now have six sides of paper which all say the same, that is i have not "on the date the paperwork was looked at " have a sex conviction. and that all it means,
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!