Spitfire related builds (posted on behalf of Wooksta)

Started by Thorvic, September 16, 2009, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

I am really looking forward to seeing these!
Van

kitbasher

Quote from: Thorvic on September 16, 2009, 03:17:43 PM
Supermarine Victor (2 & 3)
Mmmm.  More like the first prototype Spiteful (NN660).  I thought the Victor had a wing that was more like the Spit 21's (Shacklady nd Morgan have drawings presenting this theory).  Looks nice though.
We could invite Lee back to the forum, couldn't we?  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

andrewj

Quote from: kitbasher on September 24, 2009, 12:43:57 PM
Quote from: Thorvic on September 16, 2009, 03:17:43 PM
Supermarine Victor (2 & 3)
Mmmm.  More like the first prototype Spiteful (NN660).  I thought the Victor had a wing that was more like the Spit 21's (Shacklady nd Morgan have drawings presenting this theory).  Looks nice though.
We could invite Lee back to the forum, couldn't we?  ;D ;D

Yes, that's what I thought, the Victor or F23 had a pointed eliptical wing with a raised leading edge.

Barry Krell

I've the Morgan/Shacklady book in front of me now and the one with the pointy eliptical wing/raised LE was the F23 Valiant. 3 view on page 647.  Valiant was also considered by the Air Ministry as the name for the Spiteful, but Vickers suggested the latter.

Whatever he's calling it, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.