Main Menu

The "With... A HERRING!" GB

Started by puddingwrestler, September 20, 2009, 01:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

You will build the greatest whif in the world with... A HERRING!

No, not a literal herring. Here's the idea:
All those who want to take part in the GB register thier intention to do so. On the start date, I will reveal the secret ingredient which every model must include in some way. It'll be something easy to get hold of anywhere, probably a raw material rather than, say, the canopy of Revell's re-issue of Monogram's reissue of an Aurora kit from the 60s. Everyone must then build a whif using said mystery ingredient, and the greatest shall be judged to be great and greatly rewarded. Possibly with a life time supply of the secret ingredient  :thumbsup:
There shall be no backing out - once you have registered and the ingredient is revealled, you cannot simply throw up your hands in despair and refuse to build anything. You MUST build something using the ingredient in question!

...this came to be when I was making dinner and the phrase 'With... A HERRING!' kept popping into my head, despite I was cooking with pork...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Remind me to politely decline any offer to taste your puddings......;)

I'd be up for that. :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

It's okay, I don't actually eat herring.

JayBee

Sounds like a bit of a Red Herring to me :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tuck

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

Daryl J.

But I paid for this idea.  
No you didn't
Yes I did
Did not
If I hadn't, you'd not be arguing!
Maybe not.

Funny you mention a GB like this as yesterday as I was trying to think up what kit a group like this would all have in common.   Now a single piece of something would be even better.

Time frames:  1 Oct - New Years Day 2010?

Ni!

puddingwrestler

Sounds good to me.

If people really want to use a herring, maybe the secret ingredient could be one of those little fish shaped bottle thingees soy sauce copmes in when you buy Sushi - I think DaFrog was planning to use one in a build at some stage...

Daryl J.

Checked at the grocery stores....no herrings (or fish) in the soy sauce section in PDX......

DaFROG

these are what PW is talking about, you get em when you buy take away sushi.
they're a nice size could be planes, bombs, torpedoes, submarines, weird samurai armour, aerodynamic bicycle fairings (i had a airfix ground crew with cyclists in it, you could leave the fish clear and put a propeller on the front)
unfortunately the ones i've seen only have fishy detail on one side and japanese characters on teh other

Cobra

The Name of this GB sounds like a Line from 'Monty Python' ;D Not sure i'd be able to do it!!!!!!! Stay Cool!!!!!! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Weaver

I already have a sushi-fish bottle stowed away....  :mellow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Cobra on September 20, 2009, 09:25:58 PM
The Name of this GB sounds like a Line from 'Monty Python' ;D Not sure i'd be able to do it!!!!!!! Stay Cool!!!!!! :thumbsup: :cheers:
AARRRRGGGHH! you said the word, you said the word!!!
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

puddingwrestler

I was thunking again... what with the whole secret ingredient nature of this GB being the whole point and all, and what with there being so many tasty secret ingredients to choose from, this should probably be an annual event, like unto the One Week GB. That way each year you get a fresh secret ingredient challenge, and no one has to feel left out because an ingredient they thought was a good 'un missed out - it could come up next year!

Doc Yo

Well, as long as the plan isn't duplicating lozenge cammo with Veganite, it could be fun...