Main Menu

The "With... A HERRING!" GB

Started by puddingwrestler, September 20, 2009, 01:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

I was more concerned that Owen would be offering up a lifetime supply of Vegamite as the prize. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

puddingwrestler

Vegemite. And I would not do that. iSnack 2.0 however...

(iSnack 2.0 is the bizzare and misguided name Kraft decided to give it's newly launched Vegemite and Cheese spread... since no one could figure out what the hell it was, they changed the name to Cheeseymite fairly soon...)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

I've started to compile a list of possible herrings, just for the hell of it. Trying to keep to free or cheap things, so various sorts of packaging have come to mind. Anyone have any ideas, let me know and I can add them to the list. Don't need to PM me, you can just post them here if you want.

JayBee

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 14, 2010, 02:22:02 PM
weeeeellll... we have not had a GB vote for a while, so obviously there has been no chance for this to get voted in.
I recommend freezing your herring using a domestic freezer until the GB starts.
Can't do that the poor weee thing would start shiverring, even if it has been fed on God's great to the human world.     VEGIMITE!

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on April 18, 2010, 04:47:39 AM
weeeeellll... we have not had a GB vote for a while, so obviously there has been no chance for this to get voted in.
Can't do that the poor weee thing would start shiverring, even if it has been fed on God's great to the human world.     VEGIMITE!

JimB

I've had the 'lovely' experience of tasting Vegimite and I think it should be re-classified as a biological weapon...So sholud Marmite, but then we'd loose our glorious twigletss...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

Quote from: lancer on April 18, 2010, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: JayBee on April 18, 2010, 04:47:39 AM

JimB

I've had the 'lovely' experience of tasting Vegimite and I think it should be re-classified as a biological weapon...So sholud Marmite, but then we'd loose our glorious twigletss...

Isn't it illegal to bring Vegemite into the USA?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

Yes it is, but for a different reason. I think it was something to do with the yeast content.

GTX

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 18, 2010, 03:23:59 PM
Yes it is, but for a different reason. I think it was something to do with the yeast content.

Sure, that's what they tell us ...but really, they fear its taste!!! :wacko:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lancer

Quote from: GTX on April 18, 2010, 04:14:24 PM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 18, 2010, 03:23:59 PM

Sure, that's what they tell us ...but really, they fear its taste!!! :wacko:

Regards,

Greg

What taste???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

puddingwrestler

If you are unable to taste Vegemite, then you are probably dead...

Weaver

Saw something interesting in Tescos the other day: Extra Mature Marmite. Apparently this is an extra strong version for real enthusiasts. I didn't buy any because I didn't have a pair of asbestos gloves on me to handle it with..... :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 18, 2010, 03:55:01 AM
I've started to compile a list of possible herrings, just for the hell of it. Trying to keep to free or cheap things, so various sorts of packaging have come to mind. Anyone have any ideas, let me know and I can add them to the list. Don't need to PM me, you can just post them here if you want.

Is there no man out there who can think of anything to add to the list of herrings?
What is the world coming to if whiffers cannot list herrings? :rolleyes:

Ed S

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 23, 2010, 06:10:57 PM
Is there no man out there who can think of anything to add to the list of herrings?

PW.  Something that is inexpensive and available everywhere would probably be the best "herring".  A plastic spoon or fork would work.  Or an asthma inhaler (in memory of HOG).  A plain "Bic" pen body.  "Monopoly" game house piece.  A CD or DVD.  Empty 16 oz or 1 ltr soda bottle.  A soda straw.  A styrofoam 12 oz coffee cup.  Plastic coffee stirrer.  Popsicle sticks (or craft sticks). 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Cliffy B

Scotch Tape holder, blank CD/DVD spindles (various sizes), bottle caps (beer or soda), empty model paint bottles, 35mm film canisters (anyone still use though besides me?), empty shoe boxes, the classic plastic pizza tables (anyone still include those? Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's gave up years ago  >:(), random office supplies (just look in your drawers, you'll have a treasure trove).  All I can think of right now.  Come on guys!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Weaver

Quote from: Ed S on April 23, 2010, 09:22:00 PM
Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 23, 2010, 06:10:57 PM

PW.  Something that is inexpensive and available everywhere would probably be the best "herring".  A plastic spoon or fork would work.  Or an asthma inhaler (in memory of HOG).  A plain "Bic" pen body.  "Monopoly" game house piece.  A CD or DVD.  Empty 16 oz or 1 ltr soda bottle.  A soda straw.  A styrofoam 12 oz coffee cup.  Plastic coffee stirrer.  Popsicle sticks (or craft sticks). 

Ed

Quite hard to get asthma inhalers if you havn't got asthma: I've never seen one (except in pictures) in my life....

It's hard to know what's sold in other countries and if it is, wnat name it's sold under. A Tic Tac box is one thing that springs to mind, but how universal it is, I really don't know:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones