Favourite kit?

Started by pyro-manic, September 21, 2009, 02:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Great question....

my own list would include, in no particular order:

Revell 1/72 Hunter F.6-superb kit, and cheapish too

Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 Skyhaskw-not to cheapish, but in my experience plastic aeroplanes dont get much better than this kit.

Monogram 1/48 F-5E-Not so great fit, but apart from the raised panel lines, great detail, and a kit I built many times as a kid.  Love this kit!!

Monogram 1/48 F/A-18-Ditto the above, not so great fit, accuracy not 100%, but I loved it as a kid, and still think it's a hell of a Hornet for under $10

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Airfix 1/48th Spitfire 22/24 - Seafire 47

Tamiya 1/72 Mosquito
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Revell 1/144 Avro RJ-85. T'was my very first kit, and thus the favourite.

Barry Krell

The Airkit Spitfire F21.  It was the first resin kit I ever built and was an absolute joy to build.  Still got it somewhere.  I also think that it's still the best kit of that particular mark, the Aeroteam and CMK ones just don't look right somehow.

Tamiya's Mosquito in 72nd
Heller's Bf 109K
Aoshima Focke Wulf Ta 152H

Frog De Havilland Hornet
I know it has it's faults and it's a product of it's time but it's still a kit I enjoy building.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

bluedonkey99

Airfix 1/72 Fokker Dr-1  "Red  Baron"

The first kit i ever built back in 1978....   didnt even need paint!  (ok, i know different now)  on that basis it even out matchboxed matchbox.

just red plastic, too much glue and poorly applied decals.... but it was all my own 8 yr work!

i have 1.24 version on my desk, but in my hear of hearts  i still think back to the original

great kit, with a great back story!