Looking for ideas for Iroquois markings

Started by Joe C-P, September 28, 2009, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

I have an old piece of WW2 armor I'm planning to repaint and re-mark as if belonging to the forces of one of the Iroquois tribes. Has anyone come up with ideas for such?

Thanks!

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Joe C-P

ARGH.  :banghead:
Sigh, I should have gone back through that thread.   :rolleyes:

I've decided the armor was better suited to one of the Dutch, and will instead be building a plane for one of the Iroquois tribes.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Joe C-P

Quote from: apophenia on October 16, 2009, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: JoeP on October 15, 2009, 07:24:22 PM... will instead be building a plane for one of the Iroquois tribes.

What aircraft will you model? <hint>Special Hobby has a new Myrsky II out!</hint>  ;D

It's similar to one of Weaver's proposed ideas - a twin-boom jet that I will back date with props into a fast ground-attack.
But the Myrsky could have ended up serving in the forces of any of the Dutch cities.

The most fun about the Patchwork Dutch is that they buy their military equipment worldwide, so any plane, helo, armor, vehicle, ship and boat can be part of the armed forces of any Dutch city. The only "rules" so far are:
1. Fokker stayed with the Dutch, in Amsterdam
2. Sikorsky ended up in Nieuw Haven, and was "adopted" (hired) by one of the Haudenosaunee tribes
3. Nieuw Amsterdam has a good economic relationship with the Haudenosaunee and the Halslanders, and are not friendly with those entities enemies.

But industrial espionage is an honored science and art form with the Dutch, so any feature of those two designers could appear on any other city's armament, as long as the designs fit into the Patchwork world philosophy as espoused by Weaver.

Joe C-P

Essentially any design could end up in the forces of the various Dutch cities (and their trading partners), within the limits of Weaver's Patchwork world. Their navies are heavy coastal defense ships, long range cruisers, and submarines. Their air forces are short range interceptors and ground attack, including helicopters, plus long range transport/passenger/patrol flying boats. A Fokker would fit right in.

The Haudenosaunee and their Nieuw Amsterdam partners have long been at odds with their Angelish across the Connecticut and the Pennadelphians across the Delaware, and they've sought the advantage with technology.

Sikorsky ended up in North America after he fled the constant minor wars of eastern Europe, traveling on Dutch vessels until he found a buyer for his concepts in the Mohawk of the Haudenosaunee, who saw the potential of his vertical take-off design.